A6 C8 Fuel Flap woes

PaulH4700
聽Share

Hi all - new to the forum - I've a 2018 A6 C8 S-line.

Recently I noticed the fuel flap isn't always opening. Used to hear the "click" when opening the car - anyhow, it's stopped completely now and had to prize it open with 10Km left on the clock - anyone have a similar experience and changed to solenoid out themselves?

Kept it lubed etc. but I feel the solenoid has gone - the manual release via the boot doesn't work so gonna try to remove the solenoid and replace聽馃槬

Hi you get to the switch unit by removing the trim inside the boot, once open its simple matter of removing the two mounting bolts and one wiring plug take your unit out get the part number off of it and go fishing on eBay 聽loads on there.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

So - managed to successfully change the solenoid out. Removed a nice section of trim inside the boot, but in hindsight, it could probably be done without doing that. Most difficult piece is getting the fuel cap surround detached from the body panel - it's held in place with the clips shown in the pics - but can be wedged away from the bodywork with extreme care (not to chip paintwork) as some force is needed. About an hour to complete and replacement part was 拢20 on amazon. Thanks for the advice @Stevey Y. IMG-5076.thumb.jpg.df216e9c9a553d61b9ea28ea975fbca3.jpgIMG-5077.thumb.jpg.b1855f623e756df4cd31393933ee99af.jpgIMG-5078.thumb.jpg.5bc9381e79f0be7364f6d1c4a0566754.jpgIMG-5080.thumb.jpg.cf96234f09ccdb5360c5c0266fef0cb2.jpg

Hi nice clear pictures well done, I must say the trim removal is to say the least comprehensive but thats better than tearing your hands to pieces trying to work in a confined space, just shows that the shortest route is not necessarily the quickest, good skills and you have saved yourself a wad in labour doing it yourself.

Steve.

• 1 month later...

I had to get this done under warranty on my C7 - Audi Assist team talked me through getting to the red pull cord while I was in the petrol station, I pulled it and came right out in my hand and no flap open聽馃槀.

They came and picked it up at mine next day and I got it back a couple days later - they forgot to put the sticker on the inside of the new flap parts (obviously had to break the old one off and replace it) and sent me the sticker in the post to stick it on myself.