Audi RS Security

RobinHill

Hi,

I'm new to this and I joined to get some sort of feed back as to how members secure they RSs'.

I have recently had my house burgled, I believe primarily to find the keys to my RS 6. They weren't successful! However, the creatures were able to find the little black emergency key.

Since then I've had the main keys re programmed.

They also took two of my wife's designer handbags and a safe containing documents and passports. 

How do you guy safeguard against car theft?

Robin

A good faraday pouch. As well as a metal tin hidden somewhere. 

Also a friend of mine as a ghost alarm and it's brilliant, that's the best security option. As well as having the old fashioned steering lock etc. Also you could get anti break film for the windows. Also when parking try and keep it boxed in. 

My advice would also boost house security too. 

However I would say if they want it they'll take it. At knife point in some cases. Truthfully in my case I actually leave keys near the front door as id rather them take the car rather attack me or my family. 

Cars can easily be replaced. Humans or pets can't. 

• 1 year later...

Following up on this topic, I'm a new member and recently imported my RS6 C6 series and live in SE London.  Security is something now on my mind!

I see here and some forums on rs246.com and seeing the Ghost II is highly recommended.  I've contacted them and will look at local installers - if any recommended please do let me know.

Question is - what else?  I've always found the steering locks to be a ball-ache to put on and off, and store and question how effective they are as if you're comfortable getting past the RS security, a steering lock isn't going to be difficult.  But thoughts?  And any other experience eon the glass anti-break film?  Any recommendations for our premium member discount suppliers appreciated too?

I've always used the disclock and have one on each, focus rs and my Q7. Watched a video on you tube where tests were done on various steering locks to see how hard they were to get off. The disclock was hardest and took the longest, but still battery powered grinder will get anything off in time. They go round cutting exhausts off in broad daylight, all depends how much time they want to spend but by the sounds of things if they are willing to break into your house to try and find the keys I wouldn't think much is going to deter them.