Battery power drain

Borg

Hi , Not long ago I had a battery drain problem, after recharging it and having it tested it was ok, but the problem remained. I also seem to have have developed a few other things like getting shock off the car when entering it. This suggests there is a major power drain to earth somewhere in the cars electrical system. As I have a Avant, the pipe to the rear screen wash had broken (which Audi do a repair kit for) the screen wash had gone down the left hand side pillar panel and across to the MMI amplifier which shorted out some the systems mainly the radio. The repaired pipe cured the radio problem but the power drain remained. After braking down, a recovery engineer of the old school told what he thought it was. Under the bonnet/Hood in front of the steering wheel side at the top by the screen in the engine bay is a relay box. In the box is a large ignition relay and this the part that has failed. It is not cheap to replace but Audi managed to get VW part with a different number on it but it is the same part. Cost at Audi £96.00, I would think you could get it cheaper at VW !

Hope this helps with this problem