DPF Light Problem

Eddiiee_1

Hi 

I am having problem with my A6 ultra 20d, the car has done nearly 42k miles . It seems the car is not doing active regeneration as it should when driving around city . The light is coming on after every 300 miles or so and I have to take it to motorway every single time for the regen to happen . I do medium to long journeys so the journey durations are okay . Even after i have done long motorway journey the light will come up when it hit 300 miles interval . 

I have obd scanner and there seems to be no fault codes . Also the reading for soot is always around 20's when checked on vag dpf app . Do I have to take to Audi for diagnostics so they can find any issues ?

Has anyone other experienced similar problem as its annoying . My other friends have diesel BMW and Mercedes and they doesn't seem to have any problems  ?

Thanks 

Hi are you using cheap fuel this will cause that sort of problem as it won't burn properly and causes larger soot particles, have a look on the net for a DPF cleaner that you can add to the fuel if you do a lot of city driving.

Steve.