ADVICE REQUIRED

RossPaull
聽Share

Alright all, hope everything is grand, unfortunately I cant say that, I own and Audi A5 2L Quattro 2014 black edition, I've recently bought this about 2 months ago and I've only started to drive without music sometimes, when I am going over 50mph the car develops a kind of clacking, clunking, scraping sound, I really have no idea how to describe it, It is very intermittent and can be louder one time than the other, I have a video of it but I'm unsure of how to upload or if I even can as I'm new.

Also another problem, the coolant tank was just before the max level and now it has came way above the max level marker.

any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Ross,

In reference to your noise. Perhaps just check the locking wheels nuts as if loose can make those type of sounds. Other than that I can only suggest you have the suspension components checked. Also sometimes a small stone caught in the tyre tread can make those sounds you describe.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:13 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi the water level will rise when hot thats why its known as an expansion tank, was four the noise without a definitive description, who knows.

Steve.

Thank you for your reply Steve, put my mind at ease about the tank, and ive got it into a garage now, hopefully it gets sorted.聽

On 10/24/2021 at 10:32 PM, Obasa said:

Hi Ross,

In reference to your noise. Perhaps just check the locking wheels nuts as if loose can make those type of sounds. Other than that I can only suggest you have the suspension components checked. Also sometimes a small stone caught in the tyre tread can make those sounds you describe.

Thanks for the reply Obasa, the noise is coming from the engine bay area im pretty sure, hopefully gets found out and sorted.聽

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 8:22 PM, RossPaull said:

Alright all, hope everything is grand, unfortunately I cant say that, I own and Audi A5 2L Quattro 2014 black edition, I've recently bought this about 2 months ago and I've only started to drive without music sometimes, when I am going over 50mph the car develops a kind of clacking, clunking, scraping sound, I really have no idea how to describe it, It is very intermittent and can be louder one time than the other, I have a video of it but I'm unsure of how to upload or if I even can as I'm new.

Also another problem, the coolant tank was just before the max level and now it has came way above the max level marker.

any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Ross. I had the same sound going over 60mph. Apparently the bottom engine cover was loose, missing a few screws, probably the result of numerous speed bumps touch. So the thing was making a flapping noise on faster speeds. The car is at the mechanic now - I hope it will be resolved...聽

• Like 1