Hi, New owner joined

Kev555

Hi all, just joined today as I'm the new owner of a 2013 A6 3.0 S line. Its a high miler with 128K so just wondering if theres any issues in particular i should be looking out for?

The car drives like new for the miles and has a full service history between main dealer and independent.

Hi Kev, nothing in particular to worry about apart from the normal things that wear out bushes, brakes, suspension, though in saying that I am well chuffed with my car as I use it for a cab just hit 105k and apart from changing the clutch [had problems] no major dramas to report, I can only say welcome to the forum and never be afraid to ask a question, I wish you well.

Steve.

First decent drive in A6 today, 60 mile round trip all went well, like sitting in an armchair😊. Only fault I've found so far apart from noticing air con needing recharged on the test drive is the passanger side back door electric window button doesn't appear to be working? The other side is ok and window goes down from driver's door controls.

3 hours ago, Kev555 said:

First decent drive in A6 today, 60 mile round trip all went well, like sitting in an armchair😊. Only fault I've found so far apart from noticing air con needing recharged on the test drive is the passanger side back door electric window button doesn't appear to be working? The other side is ok and window goes down from driver's door controls.

Hi go on eBay and buy a previously enjoyed switch, they are fairly easy to swap.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, Does the door card have to come off? cant see myself ATM as wife has stolen it this morn for work.

Edited by Kev555

10 hours ago, Kev555 said:

Thanks Steve, Does the door card have to come off? cant see myself ATM as wife has stolen it this morn for work.

Hi have a look on youtube some clever clogs wii have done a video, I have not worked on one of these models but they are all basically the same and I think the door card may have to be removed but a lot of them you just prise out with a plastic trim tool kit, about a tenner on eBay but well worth getting if you intend to do any interior removals yourself, I have not had to replace any switches on my doors yet so I have no first hand experience of this but there are a couple of good how to do its on youtube.

Steve.