What size spacers for Audi Q8?

Pezmyers

Hello Perry,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum.

With regard to spacing the wheels away from the hub - a couple of points:- 

Audi design engineers spent a spent experienced time in designing the layout of the bearings assembly to ensure the centre load line of the wheel and tyre was in the optimum position to minimise undue load on bearings. By spacing the wheels out from their designed position, then you throw all that design experience out through the window and create  different loading. 
If you ignore that and wish to continue then you will obviously need to acquire non original wheel studs. If you do that, how are you going to assess if they meet the same specifications requirements as the Audi originals? 
I take it you will notify your insurers of such a modification to make sure your insurance cover remains.

Of course, that’s all the negative (realistic) bits, but I respect you may still wish to favour your more ‘aggressive’ look, and perhaps someone will advise on -what they have got away with.
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s.Just noticed your car is still under warranty - such modification could invalidate that in part. 

Hi, the easiest way is to consult your local tyre dealer to see what is the widest tyre you can mount on that size rim, for example if its 225 go for a 235 width tyre ascetically its only 10mm but it just looks that much bigger, as Gareth said any kind of wheel spacer may have an effect on the bearings and tracking, I have witnessed first hand the horrors of fitting these things on my daughters boyfriends go faster Fiesta they couldn't get the tracking right and eventually it caused cracks in the wheels, well worth the £150 kit he bought, they are nearly all made of aluminium which behaves differently under load it flexes, high carbon steel definitely does not.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1