Getting A4 this week, hopefully!

Brizzle

Hello everyone….

Been to look at a A4 today on a 14 plate in white, lovely looking car 

Done 63,000 miles, full service History 

But having never owned one before after a bit of help and advice on what to look out for, any trouble spots 

Garage where I’m getting it from does offer a 6 month warranty which I’m pleased to hear and it’s local to me 

One thing I’m trying to find out, is when to replace the cam belt on these 

Hi, cam belt is every 80k or five years despite what Audi tell you, I would get it done on principle as if there is no mention of it in the service history now would be a good time, my daughter bought a Q3 with the same milage but a year older than your car, that was the second job I had done after I had replaced the discs and pads and serviced the car, my mechanic showed me it was the original belt to be fair it was in reasonable condition but when placed against the new belt the original had stretched about 3-4mm. the other thing is check for a gearbox service as these can give no end of trouble if the oil is not changed about every 30k, other than that just the usual consumables filters oil etc.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got it today 😀

So happy with it, and the garage really went out of their way to please me

They replaced the cam belt and pump, even boxed up the old ones and left them in boot to show me

Gave me a free 12 month warranty as I’m local to them and we get our work vans done there too

First time in an auto, but I’d never go back to manual now, just a shame diesel is so expensive at the min, but it’s worth it with this car 

2 hours ago, Brizzle said:

Finally got it today 😀

So happy with it, and the garage really went out of their way to please me

They replaced the cam belt and pump, even boxed up the old ones and left them in boot to show me

Gave me a free 12 month warranty as I’m local to them and we get our work vans done there too

First time in an auto, but I’d never go back to manual now, just a shame diesel is so expensive at the min, but it’s worth it with this car 

Hi you have just got to love the way the torque comes in, blow the expense.

Steve.

Regards starting this awesome car…

On car mornings like today, should I do something different, today I pressed in the key and kept it pressed in for a few seconds then it started

With other diesels I’ve drove you wait to see the glow plugs go out, but I know that’s old school now, so was that short delay the glow plugs warming up?