MMI not working

Clarksta

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We've bought our 2020 A3 sportback in March, second hand audi approved, and have noticed the same issues since September. 

Firstly the MMI would go black on certain locations, but would still work when you started the car later. Still we went to our local Audi dealer with it and they said there was a bigger fault behind the MMI in the control unit. They completely shut off the screen so we couldn't use it anymore. A new part has to be made back in Germany to fix the problem. They only have no idea when that will be. They get no date or period back from Germany so they can't really do much either. Out of procedure, the factory's response was January first 2031!?

Luckily we have a replacement car from the dealer, but it's still annoying not to know when you get your own car back. Anyone else currently waiting without a prospect?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like I have a new issue with this then.

My 2023 S3 MMI, works fine ... sort of.

I tried a "on demand" function through the Audi App, for only 1 hour, and when I discontinued it, and car went back to default, the MMI turned my S3 menu's, to A3 menu's.

Lost all my additional S3 screens, and MMI pad, only functions for volume now, none of the "button" features work. VW has tried to fix remotely, as least 6 times now, no effect.

Dealer has no procedure to fix this, so car is in "limbo". Filed to force VW to take back car, for this, and other issues (no coolant hose clamps, after I picked it up, car only lasted 20 minutes).

Hope this helps someone know, there not alone in there issues 🙂