Audi A3 (2021) Software Problems

Phil JH

• 7 months later...

Hi All, 

I have an Audi A3 Sline Automatic manufactured August 2020. Bought in May 2021 from Audi Bristol. After few months car went back as it literally died on me driving at 30 mph managed to get off the road. Had a courtesy car for ages while they fixed it. 

I had a software update carried out in October 2022, it took 3 days! Which was very concerning, the car only went in with heating controls stuck on 1 temperature! Since then I constantly have change key fob battery warning (which I have replaced) child safety lock contact workshop and most concerning a gearbox/transmission problem. When I brake it try’s to accelerate and over revs when on hill descent. Has anyone else had these problems? Very worrying 🥹

Thanks in advance 

Sarah

1 hour ago, Sarah C said:

Hi All, 

I have an Audi A3 Sline Automatic manufactured August 2020. Bought in May 2021 from Audi Bristol. After few months car went back as it literally died on me driving at 30 mph managed to get off the road. Had a courtesy car for ages while they fixed it. 

I had a software update carried out in October 2022, it took 3 days! Which was very concerning, the car only went in with heating controls stuck on 1 temperature! Since then I constantly have change key fob battery warning (which I have replaced) child safety lock contact workshop and most concerning a gearbox/transmission problem. When I brake it try’s to accelerate and over revs when on hill descent. Has anyone else had these problems? Very worrying 🥹

Thanks in advance 

Sarah

I'd be getting this to Audi asap as it sounds like the cars turning nout to be dangerous. If it bought it on finance it might be worth speaking to the finance company telling them the problems and that the car isn't fit for purpose 

Hello Sarah, 

Really sorry to hear of your unacceptable experiences. 
The ‘needs a service’ condition is as old as the hills. The car must be serviced ( of course at your cost) otherwise the remaining warranty will be adversely affected - a catch 22 situation. 
You would need to check whether it does, and provide evidence that it’s been correctly serviced  since you bought it. 
The good news should be that any fault reported before the end of the 3 year warranty, will be covered outside warranty. 
Understandably you won’t have any confidence in the car, and the bottom line could be you trade it in. If you decide to do that, you may find the depreciation may not be as much as you would have anticipated. The bad news is the potential next purchase will be more expensive than anticipated.

I’m sorry I can’t offer you anything other than sympathy, but what I would suggest is that you record on one sheet, the timeline of faults and the action taken by the dealer. This should aid your case - without it, it will dilute the case. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 7 months later...

Hi recently bought a Audi a3 in December 2023, a 21 plate s line tfsi s tronic

within a week of picking it up I was getting the sos warning lights and also Bluetooth not working, the infotainment system kicking me out like kept rebooting the radio multiple times every time I drove it. When logging into my Audi login in, wouldn’t even let me key user, went on guest user then kept on refreshing and doing loading user information, then loading personal settings, then something wouldn’t even let me select myself. Had to wait over a month for it to go in.

it went into an Audi garage on the 29th January for 2 days and said that it needed a new control unit and that resolve all the faults and shouldn’t have no issues. I picked the car up on the 30th January. I had to re login to my Audi but couldn’t do it on site as it on the screen that it was unavailable, service advisor told me to try do it when off site. It let me do it when got to work, yet it said installation error. On way home from work, I only clicked on my Bluetooth to see if it worked, and all the issues that I had before showed up again. Exact same errors with kicking and rebooting infotainment and sos error. I haven’t even made my first payment now and I want to get rid of it as I have lost faith in the car as if a new control unit can’t fix it, i don’t what else can. Anyone got another other suggestions.

Hello Melissa,

Thanks for joining and sorry to hear of your plight. If you bought it within the last 30 days, then you can reject the car and be fully reimbursed. 
I would anticipate that even if you bought it more than 30 days ago, you should have redress if you reported the fault within the 30 days. Did you accept the first available booking in date given to you by the Audi dealer? 
Apologies, for another question - Did you buy it from an Audi dealership? If so then I believe you should have a 90 day warranty, so they have to repair it to your satisfaction. 
The fact that you have finance on the car is to your advantage, since they obviously have an interest/ obligation. 
I would suggest you book an appointment with CAB to aid your case. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I posted to this forum last year when I had an A3 TFSIe from the Reading Sytner dealership. I had exactly the same issue.

I finally got mine into the dealership and got it repaired after lots and lots of nagging. What they did, I have no idea. By this time I was so disgusted by the way Audi handled not just my case, but all the cases that were reported to them (littered through various forums) that I sold the car back to the dealership at a loss to me.

I'll even go so far to say that I'm so tarnished by the whole exeprience, I'll  probably never touch another Audi.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:40 PM, SouthPawPaul said:

I posted to this forum last year when I had an A3 TFSIe from the Reading Sytner dealership. I had exactly the same issue.

I finally got mine into the dealership and got it repaired after lots and lots of nagging. What they did, I have no idea. By this time I was so disgusted by the way Audi handled not just my case, but all the cases that were reported to them (littered through various forums) that I sold the car back to the dealership at a loss to me.

I'll even go so far to say that I'm so tarnished by the whole exeprience, I'll  probably never touch another Audi.

Unfortunately you're not alone, customer service is something of a rarity these days.