Pre sense and other warnings

BrianS

I have an A6 Allroad  50 Tdi owned from new since March 2020 and only done about 8500 miles thanks to the plague! Driving it is fine BUT the warning systems are a complete pain! The biggest problem is the Pre Sense which has affected me initially on 5 occasions and sometimes violently applied the brakes. Since the dealer looked at it and  couldn’t find anything reported but reduced the sensitivity it has appeared twice in the past two weeks but did not apply the brakes. I try to be a careful driver and these all appeared for no apparent reason. In addition, it frequently tells me to apply the brakes for no apparent reason, tells me to keep hold of the steering wheel when I am doing so  and also tells me that I am not staying within the road lane markings when I am.   I can find little to no reports about this sort of thing happening and have never heard of it before on any car after many years of driving. Is this a frequent fault with these cars?  or is it a fault which Audi should be correcting before it cause a severe accident?

20 hours ago, BrianS said:

I have an A6 Allroad  50 Tdi owned from new since March 2020 and only done about 8500 miles thanks to the plague! Driving it is fine BUT the warning systems are a complete pain! The biggest problem is the Pre Sense which has affected me initially on 5 occasions and sometimes violently applied the brakes. Since the dealer looked at it and  couldn’t find anything reported but reduced the sensitivity it has appeared twice in the past two weeks but did not apply the brakes. I try to be a careful driver and these all appeared for no apparent reason. In addition, it frequently tells me to apply the brakes for no apparent reason, tells me to keep hold of the steering wheel when I am doing so  and also tells me that I am not staying within the road lane markings when I am.   I can find little to no reports about this sort of thing happening and have never heard of it before on any car after many years of driving. Is this a frequent fault with these cars?  or is it a fault which Audi should be correcting before it cause a severe accident?

Automated breaking is a great idea in principle, I’ve had it on the last 4 cars (2 x VW, Jag and now the Audi A6).

The A6 is definitely the most keen, and has applied the brakes about 5-6 time unnecessarily in the last 3 months, albeit I could see why it did. Usually a car parked at the roadside or overtaking a bike has triggered it, but I have given plenty of room. It is verging on dangerous and frightens the life out of you when it jolts the brakes on suddenly.

Never had any problems with the Jag, or  the VW Passat, but had a Golf R that was nearly as sensitive. 

I’ve set everything to low sensitivity in the settings, I assume you have?

With regard to the hands on the steering and lane warning, never had any of those. Again I turn off lane departure every trip, can’t stand it.

Edited by jammy
Typo
  • Like 1