Any ideas.

Leight123

Been having trouble with coolant loss and bad oil smelling smoke from the exhaust since buying my audi a3 2.0 tdi 170. I recently notice oil/water spitting out of the front of the engine.  Ive included a video to show so any help would be appreciated.  The car is 2007 model

BE841912-7A4E-46ED-8443-40A26F394C47.jpeg

Hi check behind the cam belt cover as it could be a leaking camshaft seal the angle of the oil throw from the belt looks about right and iff its sucking air into the head area that would cause the smoke as the crankcase pressurising would cause excessive amounts of crank gas to go into the PCV system.

Steve.

16 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

I too see only a still picture.

A blown head gasket is also my first thought, though other explanations are possible. Are there other symptoms such as emulsion in the oil, overheating, oil loss?

Just now, Leight123 said:

No there is no muck in the oil or overheating or oil loss 

15 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi check behind the cam belt cover as it could be a leaking camshaft seal the angle of the oil throw from the belt looks about right and iff its sucking air into the head area that would cause the smoke as the crankcase pressurising would cause excessive amounts of crank gas to go into the PCV system.

Steve.

Ill get this checked over the weekend.  Its driving me mad now tbh.   Thanks for the input