Wanted - Audi 80/90 B2 quattro/sport: Still possible under 5k?

MisterH
聽Share

Good Afternoon all, I am new here 馃檪

I have had a long history with 1980s Audis, and by that I mean being introduced to my grandfather's 1986 Audi WR quattro aged 2 is probably to blame for my being here at all today, as a classic enthusiast. Now we still have that car, but while it is a precious heirloom, we aren't afraid use and enjoy it. However, as it is one that is extremely important, and being the only connection to my late grandfather who I never got the chance to meet, I was looking for a stablemate that still has that look and/or sound, but is that bit more useable.

Thus, I was wondering if it was still possible to get a 5 cylinder Audi 80/90 saloon for under 5k. Now the models I am after are either the B2 generation 80/90 quattro, Or, as it makes sense from a usability and parts standpoint, I am also interested in the 8v 4cyl 80 quattro or the B2 80 Sport.

Now I know that these cars have been fetching fairly strong money as of late, however, I am hoping there will be something around in reach of my budget, around 3.5-5k. In terms of condition I am not massively picky. Basically what I am after is something that is either useable and needs a bit of love or needs mechanical recommissioning, is not rusty (much) and I don't mind if it looks a bit shabby (indeed, I actually like a car with patina). I would prefer something original, but if it has easily reversible mods that's ok.

I did go to view one a couple of years ago but that was rotten and needed structural welding. That sort of thing I haven't got the skills or facilities to do, but I have already recommissioned 1988 Volvo 480 that was a non-driver but all there if that helps give an idea of the sort of thing I am after.聽

I am based in Hampshire but would probably be able to travel for the right car, and my budget can probably go to around 4.5k

I don't know if I have missed the boat, sincerely hope not as it has been quite stressful watching these go up in price. Maybe I am deluding myself it is still possible (for the B2, I think B3s are still around for this sort of money so I am also on the look out for a B3 90 quattro)聽

While I have been asking round a few places, I hadn't really known much about this place until recently, and it looks like a great community.聽

So if anyone either has something they want to move on, or knows someone who might have what I am looking for please do get in touch.

Even if nothing turns up, I still look forward to reading your responses

Thank you for your considerations

Ben

Edited by MisterH