Need help finding the correct 6 speed manual gearbox

Wheelerdealer44

Hello everybody,

I have an audi a3 1.4 tfsi with a 6 speed manual transmission which I need to replace

I need some help finding out which code my box is, Im pretty sure that mine is a 0AJ, id appreciate If Somebody Is able to help me confirm that im right by taking a look at the attatched photos ive taken of the visable markings I can see on the top of the bell housing..

Can Somebody Please tell me which code gearbox I can replace this one with

In ones expert opinlon Would anybody recomend that instead of replacing the Whole transmission that i should remove the gearbox, dismantle and identify the issue ( which happens to be a rattle sound coming from the transmission but goes quieter when I put foot down on the clutch ) ( could this be the thrust bearing? ) and then rebuild transmission with new internal parts

IMG_20211113_151053.jpg

IMG_20211113_150832.jpg

IMG_20211113_150507.jpg

IMG_20211113_151022.jpg

It would be a mistake, and an expensive mistake at that, to change the gearbox until it has been confirmed as the source of the knock.  The noise could equally well come from the clutch or the drive shafts (CV joints), neither of which will be improved by changing the gearbox.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wheelerdealer44 said:

Hello everybody,

I have an audi a3 1.4 tfsi with a 6 speed manual transmission which I need to replace

I need some help finding out which code my box is, Im pretty sure that mine is a 0AJ, id appreciate If Somebody Is able to help me confirm that im right by taking a look at the attatched photos ive taken of the visable markings I can see on the top of the bell housing..

Can Somebody Please tell me which code gearbox I can replace this one with

In ones expert opinlon Would anybody recomend that instead of replacing the Whole transmission that i should remove the gearbox, dismantle and identify the issue ( which happens to be a rattle sound coming from the transmission but goes quieter when I put foot down on the clutch ) ( could this be the thrust bearing? ) and then rebuild transmission with new internal parts

IMG_20211113_151053.jpg

IMG_20211113_150832.jpg

IMG_20211113_150507.jpg

IMG_20211113_151022.jpg

Hi you have the correct code but I don't think its the box, it sounds as if it might well be a clutch problem, thrust bearing, flywheel, first motion shaft bearing, drive shafts won't stop rattling if you push the clutch down, especially when you are not moving.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi I’m looking for a gearbox for my car if anyone knows someone who’s got one I’d be appreciated it’s a Audi A3 1.4tfsi 6 spd 2012 8p code is CAXC need it with sensor for stop and start thanks