A3 DRIVERS DOOR MIRROR REPLACEMENT

Robin Pounder

The drivers side door mirror on my 2009 A3 TFSI 2 Door has been hit by a passing vehicle, and the pivot casting has broken. The mirrors are non-powered folding and for once I forgot to turn mine in. I'm looking to try and get a secondhand replacement off eBay, but am wondering whether the mirror from a four door car is the same as for a two door, as there are more 4 door versions to choose from. Does anyone have the answer please?

Thanks, Robin

Hello Robin,

Logic would suggest they would be the same on both 2 and 4 door. 
I have a 2006 4 (5) door and could possibly compare if you post a photo of your 2 door. 
Having said that, eBay photos and requests for some basic dimensions should come up with the answer. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Just noticed your profile shows 2006, but your post say 2009 - so comparison with my 2006 may not be the answer. 

Gareth...you have pointed out a glaring error on my profile! God knows why I put 2006, because it is indeed a 2009. I think our two model requirements are indeed different from what I have so far learned. I wonder if an Audi dealer would help out. It would be interesting from the point of view of knowing how much they would charge for a new mirror.

Thanks for replying, I will pass on my findings when I have found out.

Robin

Many thanks for coming back on this Robin, and apologies for pointing out your mistake - I’m not usually as good at pointing out the mistakes of others, as I am in making my own!
Audi dealer? My experience points me to paying a visit rather than trying to gain information over the phone. 
The problem you have is that they are (understandably?) reluctant to provide part numbers where they are not actually supplying the part. Having said that, I think you may get a positive response to a question about 2 door and 4 door compatibility. 
Cost? Um! I might be able to point you in the direction of a modest discount if you are serious about that route. 
Supplied colour coded?? It would surprise me if VAG supplied then in all the colours, but worth an ask. Could be a painting task as well as fitting. 
I still think you could clear your questions with a bit of searching and asking eBay sellers. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.