Fuel pressure issues

Karlobrien77

Hi is anyone able to help a possible solution to my issue 

I have the A5 3.0 tdi Quattro 2010 ccwa engine 

after breaking down it went to a garage who told me the hpfp had gone so had it replaced 

then the injectors were also gone so I replaced them upon more investigation by the garage they told me one of the cams had gone it was not snapped but it was turning one end independently so they replaced that 

they took the entire engine out to do this 

they put it back in and it was running rough I had the In tank pump replaced then the pump under the drivers side of the car and the filter changed 

it ran but occasionally goes into limp mode stating low fuel pressure 

I have replaced the sensor on the hpfp 

the fuel pressure sensor on the one fuel rail and the other sensor the regulator on the other fuel rail have also been done 

it still goes into limp mode on occasions and at high revs when driving at a bit of speed it splutters if you take your foot off the accelerator then back on it is fine 

the mechanics that have looked at it have no idea 

vagcom plug in states low fuel pressure and the possible solutions it gave to correct it have been replaced with genuine Audi parts 

I have spent thousands but still not running correctly is anyone able to assist with possibles 

thankyou 

Edited by Karlobrien77

1 hour ago, Karlobrien77 said:

Hi is anyone able to help a possible solution to my issue 

I have the A5 3.0 tdi Quattro 2010 ccwa engine 

after breaking down it went to a garage who told me the hpfp had gone so had it replaced 

then the injectors were also gone so I replaced them upon more investigation by the garage they told me one of the cams had gone it was not snapped but it was turning one end independently so they replaced that 

they took the entire engine out to do this 

they put it back in and it was running rough I had the In tank pump replaced then the pump under the drivers side of the car and the filter changed 

it ran but occasionally goes into limp mode stating low fuel pressure 

I have replaced the sensor on the hpfp 

the fuel pressure sensor on the one fuel rail and the other sensor the regulator on the other fuel rail have also been done 

it still goes into limp mode on occasions and at high revs when driving at a bit of speed it splutters if you take your foot off the accelerator then back on it is fine 

the mechanics that have looked at it have no idea 

vagcom plug in states low fuel pressure and the possible solutions it gave to correct it have been replaced with genuine Audi parts 

I have spent thousands but still not running correctly is anyone able to assist with possibles 

thankyou 

Hi sorry to hear of your troubles, you have replaced just about everything that would cause low pressure, the only thing I can think of would be a fuel line collapsing in when put under pressure I had one on my last cab the outside of the rubber pipe looked fine but inside was a flap of rubber that kept interrupting the flow when the demand for fuel increased, can you please publish any codes you have.

Steve.

Hi thanks for your time on this 

the fuel lines too the best of my knowledge haven’t been checked or replaced but I will be sure to let my mechanic know this so it can be checked 

the only code I ever get is p0087 

When it goes into limp mode I pull over turn the engine off then back on and limp mode is off for maybe a day or 2 sometimes 3 days without a limp mode issue 

I keep thinking it may now be an electrical issue with the wiring maybe 🤔