Wanted - Audi 80 Sport B2 rubbing strip/door trim

MisterH

Hi There

Today I picked up my B2 Audi 80 Sport. It is a very straight car in Oceanic Blue, however one of the previous owners has de-trimmed it and I would like to return it to this state, as I intend to use it regularly and I like it to look original. 

22681209558_c6d4e9f176_b_LI.thumb.jpg.99e202bc61a74e535f18c042301268c7.jpg

Trouble is, I think these parts are unique to this model and year, so help finding them would be much appreciated

I have already spoken about this on one of my other threads, but now I have the car I feel this is the next move

Sorry Ben, I can’t come up with anything more than I suggested last time. Hopefully others might add some other tips. 
How are you getting on with progressing those leads? 
Enjoy the car.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

7 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Sorry Ben, I can’t come up with anything more than I suggested last time. Hopefully others might add some other tips. 
How are you getting on with progressing those leads? 
Enjoy the car.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth

Totally fine, I just thought it more organised to have its own thread.

Well a search on eBay has come up with a set of these:

image.thumb.png.19fb2871bfdf92eaf5c18ea72a1a4e5d.png

However I cannot picture what part of the car they go on, and which bit of trim they are. I get the impression that it covers the sill, but I am not sure...

First job on the car however is getting the brake/indicator lights working as they should...

8 hours ago, MisterH said:

Hi Gareth

Totally fine, I just thought it more organised to have its own thread.

Well a search on eBay has come up with a set of these:

image.thumb.png.19fb2871bfdf92eaf5c18ea72a1a4e5d.png

However I cannot picture what part of the car they go on, and which bit of trim they are. I get the impression that it covers the sill, but I am not sure...

First job on the car however is getting the brake/indicator lights working as they should...

Hi they definitely go on the sill/rocker panels in the door shuts, you can buy the same material on eBay for about £25 for three metres my Mondeo had it on all four door shuts to stop the high heels from killing the paintwork, 

Steve.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi they definitely go on the sill/rocker panels in the door shuts, you can buy the same material on eBay for about £25 for three metres my Mondeo had it on all four door shuts to stop the high heels from killing the paintwork, 

Steve.

Thank you that is really helpful. I did actually message the seller a few days ago but they didn't get back to me and even if they did, there is something that makes me uneasy about that site, but can't put my finger on it

1 minute ago, MisterH said:

Thank you that is really helpful. I did actually message the seller a few days ago but they didn't get back to me and even if they did, there is something that makes me uneasy about that site, but can't put my finger on it

Hi only a suggestion, look for another model as I am sure these will not be peculiar to your car, alternatively contact your nearest manufacturer of car body kits as they will be able to produce them in ABS plastic it probably won't be cheap but it will look very similar, think you may have taken on a live one here as that was built a long time ago and the strip manufacturer has probably retired, look on some of the retro car trim sites.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi only a suggestion, look for another model as I am sure these will not be peculiar to your car, alternatively contact your nearest manufacturer of car body kits as they will be able to produce them in ABS plastic it probably won't be cheap but it will look very similar, think you may have taken on a live one here as that was built a long time ago and the strip manufacturer has probably retired, look on some of the retro car trim sites.

Steve.

Thank you, I didn't even know retro car trim sites were a thing at all! Yeah I think all the Audi 80s from 85-86 had it, but as its quite a small MY there may not be much around 

Last (temporary?) resort Ben, when all else fails - get a local graphics printer to design and print the size and outline you require and stick these on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
26 minutes ago, Deadchemist said:

Did you ever manage to source these parts? I just bought my B2 model over here and the guy had 3 donor cars sitting in the driveway so im sure i can source them if you need and are happy to pay for the shipping.

Hi thanks for getting in touch. I did manage to find a set in Hungary through the FB groups, while they aren't the best they get the job done quite well :) 

• Like 1