Pd130 oil type

Dales85

Hey all hope were all good this time of year. Christmas is nearly here, i wonder what santa will bring :-). Just curious to see who uses what oil and what types in the pd series engines. And ehat ones you think are best choice. 

10 minutes ago, Dales85 said:

Hi mate it was more of a pole if anything. I got castrol as a sponsor with work so i use their brands. Was just checking to see what everyone uses ect.

No probs at all. I know when I worked at VW it was 5w30. 

Hello Dale from the Homeland,

You must depend upon what is specified in the owners handbook in terms of grade. 
In terms of brand, then no doubt you will get a selection of recommendations. 
I have always stuck with Quantum Longlife 3 for our 2006 A3 petrol, which now has 165K miles behind it, so I see absolutely no reason to try anything else. 
You mention Castrol and sponsorship? - as I understand it, Quantum is a manufactured by Castrol, but you would need to confirm that, if it is important to you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Sometimes available relatively cheaply at some Audi dealers, or try eBay, Amazon etc. 

1 hour ago, Dales85 said:

Yea i heard the longlife 3 is the oil to use audi said this too. An yea im kind lf lucky with the castrol with work see so i do use as many of their products as possible

Sounds like that's the way to go 👍