RS4 Avant 2022 Leadtimes?

Jackdaw

Was hoping to order a new RS4 Avant in 2022 (first ever RS), what do people know about production plans and dealer availability in UK?

I also assume there's no discounts ever offered on these?

Thanks.

This topic on the forum might help: 

The delivery time will also depend on whst options are selected. At this current time I'd advise you to had at least 2-3 months to any delivery time they say. As I can't see the chip shortage going away any time soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Expect at least a 3-6 month wait based on current availability… unless you can track down a stock order that’s to your specification. Likely even longer. 

I’ve just this week taken delivery of my B9.5 RS4 having ordered at the beginning of July… I was able to bag a stock car with the options I wanted after changing my mind on colour. I’m told factory orders placed around the same time as mine are still 2-3 months away!

I take delivery of my factory build on 7/1/22 having ordered in back in june. Had to delete loads of options just to keep this time frame so have ended up with a pretty stock car. Even a tow bar would have caussd months of further delays. 
Buzzing to finally have a date!

I’ve just ordered an RS6 Vorsprung with tow bar and got a build week in May.  My current car isn’t due back until September so they aren’t rushing.  The guy at Audi told me that the main hold up for mine is the sun roof!!  Guess I could always make it a cabriolet…

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 20 plate from new RS4 CB Avant. I got £4000 knocked off the list price. If they try and use the chip shortage as a excuse, just play dealerships against each other. I did.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Dastardlywallace said:

Had mine for two weeks (800miles) so far. Well worth whatever the wait may be. Love it! 
though Id love to know why it has two odometers but one a mile lower than the other!?🧐😂

One is a manual trip you reset with the button just under the virtual cockpit. Took me a while to figure out too (and that’s coming from an A4 previously!!).

Agree, well worth the wait. I can’t resist ASBO mode once it’s warm… smiles for miles 😁😁 Less sure about the MPG (averaging around 21mpg over 450 miles - mostly short runs, but a couple of longer / steady ones in that mix! 😮)!!

Edited by kelvinpapp

50 minutes ago, Smileydaws said:

I ordered mine last week  Carbon Edition (Nardo) and was told by dealer end of march was possible, and that RS4 wait was not too bad???

Did you manage to bag a stock order in the spec you wanted? That seems very optimistic…

23 minutes ago, kelvinpapp said:

One is a manual trip you reset with the button just under the virtual cockpit. Took me a while to figure out too (and that’s coming from an A4 previously!!).

Agree, well worth the wait. I can’t resist ASBO mode once it’s warm… smiles for miles 😁😁 Less sure about the MPG (averaging around 21mpg over 450 miles - mostly short runs, but a couple of longer / steady ones in that mix! 😮)!!

Yeh my average over 800 miles is 21ish. But thats because I cant resist playing. Even thiugh I’ve yet to pass 4000rpm as per breaking in process. But I drove from leeds to nottingham on the M1 last week at a steady 60 and achieved 35.9mpg. My commute is also mainly m1 and A-road so getting 29mpg which I think is great all things considered. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dastardlywallace said:

Yeh my average over 800 miles is 21ish. But thats because I cant resist playing. Even thiugh I’ve yet to pass 4000rpm as per breaking in process. But I drove from leeds to nottingham on the M1 last week at a steady 60 and achieved 35.9mpg. My commute is also mainly m1 and A-road so getting 29mpg which I think is great all things considered. 

I have to admit to creeping past 4000 on a couple of occasions. My dealer indicated it shouldn’t be necessary to break in but I’d sooner play safe than sorry.

Out of interest, do you notice any noise when turning on fill lock? I get a slight squealing / rubbery sounding noise. Having looked around it doesn’t seem uncommon, but it would be reassuring to hear others with new-ish B9.5’s experiencing the same.

That’s good MPG. I’ve yet to break the 30 barrier 🙈

Edited by kelvinpapp

15 minutes ago, kelvinpapp said:

I have to admit to creeping past 4000 on a couple of occasions. My dealer indicated it shouldn’t be necessary to break in but I’d sooner play safe than sorry.

Out of interest, do you notice any noise when turning on fill lock? I get a slight squealing / rubbery sounding noise. Having looked around it doesn’t seem uncommon, but it would be reassuring to hear others with new-ish B9.5’s experiencing the same.

That’s good MPG. I’ve yet to break the 30 barrier 🙈

I haven’t noticed but come to think of it im not sure I’ve used full lock yet. Will try tomorrow and report back. 

my only disappointment so far was that the wireless charging had been deleted. Seems a strange move. I assume caused by microchip shortages again. 

I was offered a 22 plate CB for the same monthly amount l.m paying for my 20 CB. Work that one out🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Dastardlywallace said:

I haven’t noticed but come to think of it im not sure I’ve used full lock yet. Will try tomorrow and report back. 

my only disappointment so far was that the wireless charging had been deleted. Seems a strange move. I assume caused by microchip shortages again. 

This is my understanding. Likewise really disappointed… of all things! With wireless CarPlay it’s all the more annoying.

Thank you for that - I’d really appreciate it. That and squeaky brakes are my only niggles. The latter sounds like it’s par for the course; the steering noise is just a bit odd. Likely nothing (perhaps just tyre noise / slight crabbing), but would be keen to know other recent builds have the same. 

4 minutes ago, Dastardlywallace said:

Crikey. Thats a no brainer right there!

7 minutes ago, deano7 said:

I was offered a 22 plate CB for the same monthly amount l.m paying for my 20 CB. Work that one out🤣🤣🤣

Great deal! I ended up selling my 19 A4 Black Edition for £6k more than Audi had offered me as trade in… and with £2k less owing on it since the point I ordered - given how long my build took! 

Edited by kelvinpapp

9 minutes ago, kelvinpapp said:

This is my understanding. Likewise really disappointed… of all things! With wireless CarPlay it’s all the more annoying.

Thank you for that - I’d really appreciate it. That and squeaky brakes are my only niggles. The latter sounds like it’s par for the course; the steering noise is just a bit odd. Likely nothing (perhaps just tyre noise / slight crabbing), but would be keen to know other recent builds have the same. 

Wouldn’t have minded so much if the dealership had told me but I spotted it before I drove away and the salesman was like “…oh yeh they got rid of that a few months ago….” Still. First world problems and all that. 
my brakes have given the occasional squeel too. I have decided to just avoid using them. They make my neck ache😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kelvinpapp said:

Really, dealer didn't mention wireless was gone from the spec???? How annoying...... Having said that trying to get a list of standard equipment is proving a challenge, nothing on web site apart from configurator (which is where dealer said i should go), and thats not exactly detailed.  

On 1/17/2022 at 9:17 PM, kelvinpapp said:

Eyup! I’ve been out and done some full lock manoeuvres and can’t report any noises as yet. Occasionally if its a high traction surface (dry) i felt a slight resistance to movement which I always have felt in a 4wd vehicle. But nothing more than that. 

in other news, I crossed the 1000 mile mark and like the child I am inside I have launched it a handful if times and…..just wow!

I also did a full to empty mileage check and even though I’ve launched it and had a few spirited drives I’ve managed 31mpg and 322 miles before filling with about an eight of a tank remaining (35miles it said). Thrilled by that to say the least. I didn’t buy it to have good economy but to know I can commute all week on a single tank with enough left over for a play day has sweetened the whole thing massively.