A3 A Line P8

Mike5282

Good day all.

I am new to the forums and I am sure this has already been answered somewhere however the confusion I have is mindblowing. 

I have a A3 S Line S-Tronic P8 2012 1.6 TDi. It has sadly not come with the tyre pressure chart. The tyres are 205/55 16R 91T M+S. 

I have spent many hours googling to only find different pressures. Can someone point me in the right direction? A picture for me to save for future reference would be very grateful. 

Edited by Mike5282

Not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs here but have you looked on the door pillar for a sticker? All vehicles should have one and if you don’t perhaps you need to be asking why?

If the sticker is missing then you should be able to get a replacement from your Audi dealer.

PS. It might be on the rear edge of the drivers door, under the locking mechanism.

Edited by Stagn8

Hello Michael, 

Thanks for being in touch with the forum. 
Great move to be interested in checking tyre pressures - sometimes an afterthought. 

Try inside the fuel filler flap. Usually is - or certainly was - there. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for both of the replies. I have checked everywhere. It just is missing, and sadly I didn't think of checking when I got the car. Something I am now annoyed at myself for. But a lesson learned I guess. 

22 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

If you got a handbook with the car it should be in there.

The handbook points me to the fuel filler cap or the door frame. But it's been removed or something by a previous owner. 

I will check with the dealer. Thanks for the replies 

Hello Michael,

My gut feeling is that it was originally on the inside of the fuel flap. Does this look as if it might have been changed ar some time? 
Probably worth keeping an eye out for a similar model year and asking the owner if you can take a photo of the detail on theirs. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

4 hours ago, Mike5282 said:

The handbook points me to the fuel filler cap or the door frame. But it's been removed or something by a previous owner. 

That suggests the wheels have been changed for a non-standard size. I looked online for A3 tyre pressures and did not see your particular size mentioned.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, cliffcoggin said:

That suggests the wheels have been changed for a non-standard size. I looked online for A3 tyre pressures and did not see your particular size mentioned.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:57 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Michael,

My gut feeling is that it was originally on the inside of the fuel flap. Does this look as if it might have been changed ar some time? 
Probably worth keeping an eye out for a similar model year and asking the owner if you can take a photo of the detail on theirs. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for your replies. I checked with the local Audi Dealer and they said it should of had 18" wheels but I am on 16" with winter tyres at the moment. My local tyre garage have said they would recommend 33psi all around. Thanks for the replies to everyone. 😊

Surprising to hear the car was built with 18 inch wheels. If it indeed was, then your Speedo is going to be way out unless you have a very high profile tyre fitted on your 16 inch. 
Would I take it your dealer is correct?? Who did you talk with there? 
Incase it helps:- Our 2006 A3 is also fitted with 16 inch wheels, and the recommended tyre pressures for that are 30psi front and 29 rear for two passengers. To me, 33psi would be a bit too high. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.