Audi A6 C7 2013: TPS Fault, Parking Brake Fault, Start-Stop System Fault, ESC/ABS Flt

Denis Troughton

Can someone offer a solution  i purchased the  2013  Audi A6  Avant   2.0 litre diesel  auto in may 2021 i love the car except its been with dealer for 2 months .

They say its a bcm module then a gateway module then a ccm module ?   Shot gun diagnoses . I appreciate its not easy !

the above title is a link to exactly same faults 

Hi could well be the battery, failure of that item can cause all sorts of erroneous faults and lights to come up the stop start being the most obvious clue, from experience low or inconsistent voltage supply causes can gateway  problems as the module has insufficient voltage to transfer command to the can bus which transfers the commands, no its not easy but if its with a main dealer lord only knows, their speciality is teeth sucking and supposition as most of the engineers who have any real knowledge have left and started on their own which leaves only the fitters, if the car was mine I would start with the battery as when that is on its way out it can cause many problems.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve Auto spark came back last night to say they sourced the problem to the rear comfort control module .

Im not convinced as they have had the car 2 months .  I just hope its sorted . 

What does the comfort control module do ?

of course i will know in a few days if its fixed ,i will update the post 

8 hours ago, Denis Troughton said:

Thanks Steve Auto spark came back last night to say they sourced the problem to the rear comfort control module .

Im not convinced as they have had the car 2 months .  I just hope its sorted . 

What does the comfort control module do ?

of course i will know in a few days if its fixed ,i will update the post 

Hi ccm is Germanic slang for Body Control Module it basically controls the electronic functions in the rear of the car, Fords do it more simply as they only have one module or at least they did on the ones I had, it appears that Audis love of these things has manifested itself in them having a rear/central/ front/ control module all of which have a propensity to corrode inside and at the plug connections, second hand units seem to be in plentiful supply on the net and as long as you match your part number with the donor unit it should be a simple matter of recoding, problem is if one CCM goes out it throws the baby out with the bathwater as they all talk to each other.

Steve.