New Member, first Audi.. long read

Mike2312

Hey all!

New member here! My names Mike from Ipswich, Suffolk and just picked up my first Audi today.. 2.0 TDI S Line Black Edition

Little background on my car history.. I’ve had a total of 20 cars in my time so far, I’ve had most if not all things on 4 wheels between personally owned cars and hire cars with work but this is my first Audi surprisingly and I’m wondering already why I haven’t owned one before, just feels great to drive!

I had a 2008 Volkswagen Passat estate 2.0 TDI for the last 3 years covering 100k under my ownership due to work commutes and aside from servicing and tyres it cost me nothing, I parted with it last month at 182k on the clock for a 64 plate Volvo V40 D4 and within the first month it had some issues with oil consumption so I rejected the car and sent it back.. I’ve been scouring the net endlessly trying to find a new car with nothing tickling my fancy and I’m keen on comfort, economy and reliability then came across the Audi A4 range, initially looking at an estate and the reviews for the cars seem to surpass the competition so found a nice grey one online with under 60k on the clock, full history and pretty much every bit of spec I could want, adaptive cc is handy as is the cup warmer within the cup holder 😂 I wanted automatic but settled with it being manual, can’t win them all! Went to view today and had it straight away just feels so well put together and tight when driving, I’ve got the 19” rotors on it which isn’t as soft as the Passat but I’m not an OAP yet I can handle a few crashy rides for now. So yea.. here I am, needs some new mats and a clip for the passenger sun visor but other than it’s in an all round tidy condition so look forward to speaking with fellow members! 

also if anyone can tell me what the vent next to the gearstick is for and any recommendations in general that would be great!

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

I'd recommend just getting done universal rubber ones from Halfords. The vent next to the gearstick you might find is a coin or card holder depending on it's size. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

I'd recommend just getting done universal rubber ones from Halfords. The vent next to the gearstick you might find is a coin or card holder depending on it's size. 

Awesome thanks mate I’ll give Halfords a look