Nice to have Wireless Carplay

Chris Eversole
聽Share

17 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Hope it works ok 馃憤

I'm still waiting for mine. I paid for express shipping but It has been a week and still not arrived. I can't wait to use this. I'll let you know about reliability, disconnection issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow-up on this. I have been using the unit now into my second month and it has performed perfectly. I have had only occasional disconnects, but that was followed by reconnection and then no problems. I understand that some are posting that they have issues, but I have not experienced any real problems personally. Maybe it just works better with my vehicle.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, Rares Meleg said:
Hello, I have an Audi A8 from 2007 and I only have a CD reader. I would like to adapt a Car Play system, what do you recommend?

Hi, Rares

If your car does not have wired carplay, maybe the one Im using does not work for your Audi A8 2007.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay

To get Apple CarPlay on a car that doesn鈥檛 come with it, there鈥檚 one path: you need a new head unit which supports CarPlay. And then you can add a Autokit to get wireless carplay.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wirless-adapter-for-android-head-unit-support-carplay-and-android-auto