Air suspension issues

thomasj999

Hi all,

My 2010 Audi Q7 is showing some problems,
Few weeks back I noticed early morning my vehicle front both side is dropped down, after starting it will go back to its normal height, but since last week the time frame is down Like 3 hours of hault is enough for my car to drop down completely.
Also I noticed after putting the car to offroad mode, the front is not lifting completely up, but the rear side is totally fine.
Two days back i changed my tyres, after removing the jack, the front was dropped down completely, (jack mode was on)
Can some one help me ?
6 months back I replaced the air compressor and valve cover body.
Is it the level sensor or air bags ?

Edited by thomasj999

Hi get an old spray bottle half fill with water and a little washing up liquid, shake until it foams and then spray around the air bags with the motor running you will see any leaks bubbling out in the foam, if its not that I would get the level sensors checked and reset.

Steve.

Sounds like a leak. If it was a level sensor it would probably stay down all the time even when running. If the bag isn’t leaking check around the top of the strut where it meets the top wishbone cradle too when your spraying as there is a rubber seal where they meet that can leak. It’s only £8 or something from Audi but you need to remove the strut to fit it. Failing that check the pipes on the compressor.

• 8 months later...

On this model of Q7 there are two lights at top of dash showing compressor activity, one green and one yellow,  if these lights are on or flashing it shows the compressor is working to try and make up for lost air, if you let this happen for extended periods without solving the problem it will burn out the compressor, if the front is down evenly on both sides it is not a bag or level sensor, they are independent on each  corner at front, the issue is with valve block or compressor, if the comp will not go full lift it is not producing enough air and the front shows it first because Q7`s have active ride level which works harder at front when braking,   Compressors range in price from suppliers and on eBay from £189 at Maxspeedingrods to £800 at aerosus for a good reason, "they are all those products are worth" I am curious as to the unit fitted to your truck in last six months.  Personally I rebuild all mine using parts from "Bagpipe Andy" inc new head and piston, air dryer and pressure relief valve, you are probably running at about 5 bar and a good rebuild should give you 11 bar. Take a look at the attached pics of before rebuild and available height after and tell me if you recognise the before as like yours 

20210802_121726.jpg

20211001_182939.jpg

Hi Lift.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with something draining my battery causing it to go flat overnight. I have an issue with the front right air suspension but it rises after a few minutes when I get it running. Will this drain the battery. Anyone with this battery type problem?

The suspension issue you mention shouldn’t drain the battery overnight but I did have a similar issue on my previous Q7 which turned out to be the auxiliary heater. Wouldn’t drain it every night but maybe once a week. Only tracked it down as one morning when I went out to the car I could hear a small fan noise from the passenger wheel arch. A scan of vcds showed “auxiliary heater locked” it wouldn’t unlock and is quite common on older cars to fail as I’d noticed it didn’t work when I bought the car. Removed the auxiliary heater fuse from the passenger side of the dash board and it cured it. 🤔 it might have been the drivers side dash board but think it’s the passenger side. 

• Like 2