Rear right indicator LED not working inner boot

Asad

Hi I had a message on my dash saying rear light bulb and rear right indicator bulb both not working. I opened and checked and realised that I have only one bulb in the inner boot. Thought there was suppose to be two. Its a small size one aswell. I thought it would be P21 bulb but it doesn't look like it. Couldn't make out that bulb does anyone know which it is. Also the led indicator not working would I need a whole new inner boot headlight? or is there a bulb on the outer boot unit, because that seems to light up and indicate as normal. just the inside one doesn't. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-04 at 4.32.10 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-04 at 4.32.10 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-04 at 4.32.10 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-04 at 4.32.10 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-04 at 4.32.10 PM (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-04 at 4.32.10 PM (5).jpeg

You might need a new unit if the led unit has failed. To find out which bulb you need you could remove the other light unit to see which bulb you need. 

You could also get a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. 

On 2/6/2022 at 11:34 PM, Asad said:

Any help here guys, is their a way to fix this or would I need a new unit. I have checked the fuses and wiring seems all fine

Hi the bulb in the picture is halogen and a Euro bulb with offset pins it should have the wattage etc on the side they are pretty cheap to buy, if the LED has gone its scrap but there are plenty about on the net either s/h or aftermarket.

Steve.

hello thanks for the reply. Both inner boot clusters indicator LED have now started blinking rapid. the outer clusters work fine. Have not checked the fuse yet. As its LED cant get an led strip. do you know how much they go for. on eBay averaging £120.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Paul cairney said:

Screenshot_20220312-151924_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ddbb11a88747513b4c04557760a782f5.jpg

Hi good find and thanks for publishing it, if the people who have the problem can be bothered to look its a great piece of information, well done.

Steve.