Is there a simple to follow guide anywhere that shows how to set up the latest MMI news and weather features?

Hello everyone.

I am new to the world of Audi, picking up a new RS5 Coupe a couple of weeks ago. The handover from the salesman was fairly perfunctory; he connected my iPhone to the car and showed how to use some of the MMI features such as navigation but he didn't demonstrate some of the other features such as the News, Calendar and Weather apps.

Can anyone explain how to set these features up? I might not use them but I hate to think there is something on the car that I can't use because I don't know how to. I've looked in the owners manual but I don't find it very useful.

IMG_6874.thumb.jpg.4175a0fbec7c5372935e20a35f34a8e9.jpg

Hi David,If you contact the garage and ask them if they can set up audi connect for you and you should get the lot,you can also study utube,I'm quite new to this myself but my a3 was set up for me and it covers most things good luck Dave Wise

1 minute ago, David Wise said:

Hi David,If you contact the garage and ask them if they can set up audi connect for you and you should get the lot,you can also study utube,I'm quite new to this myself but my a3 was set up for me and it covers most things good luck Dave Wise

Just thinking connect may be set up,don't be frightened  to play about with all the menus etc to get familiarise d

4 hours ago, David Wise said:

The dealership where I bought the car is some distance away so I can’t go back there to have them set it up. 

I have looked online for a guide to set everything up - the dealer set somethings up but I think there must have been a stage or two they missed for some of the apps not to work - but I haven’t found anything yet on YouTube. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, David Wise said:

Hi David,just noticed on my car if you touch your mmi screen and slide it along there are apps for weather ,news etc ,it's all a learning curve,don't be scared to play with system dave 

I have tried all of the apps including the weather, news and calendar ones, and several of them won’t launch. 
However, I use Apple CarPlay most of the time so I’m not going to worry about the Audi apps which don’t work - life is too short!!

I am familiar with it by now and there is definitely something wrong - some of the apps simply won’t launch whatever I try. However, Apple CarPlay works perfectly so I’m going to use that instead - it’s not worth taking the car to an Audi dealer to have it checked.