Emissions

Buzarpy

Hi

Just bought a lovely a3 1.6 tdi cabriolet 2013 final edition and rang local audi dealer to ask about when the cambelt should be changed and was informed there was a recall outstanding on this car. 

I was told they would do a complimentry health check at the same time. We took the car in and all was well until the next day when my wife said the car was smelling and the fan was on, I immediately went on line to find a barrage of comments on how this recall was causing issues. I called the dealer the next day to be told its just a software change and don't worry as they have a 20k warranty just in case. We went for a drive that weekend where I noticed that the car was not returning the same mpg. 

Has anyone else had this issue and can you reverse the recall. 

Hello James,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum. 
I’m not sure about the smell syndrome, but in terms of the pitfalls of not steering well clear of Audi’s recalls, the experiences are listed and complained about on here, and cover multiple pages. 
Well worth a forum search and read.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Is it the ea189 recall? If so my advice would be to get the car remapped to get rid of the software update they've done. If it is this recall it's because of the emissions scandal. Some engines were just a software update whereas others had a software update plus an additional bit added to the engine either in the air intake or turbo. 

I worked at Volkswagen service department when these recalls were done daily. I certainly wouldn't recommend this recall on any VAG car.  

Here's a long thread about it: 

• Like 1

Steve

Do you know if the reversal of the recall is by the odb port?? as a tuning company says it should be but it may need the ecu taking out which is 250 instead of a 100

Yea it should be done via obd port. Never heard of the ECU needing to be removed. 

£100 is a cheap remap. Personally I feel for best results a remap company that uses a rolling road is best for the car in my opinion. 

• Like 1