Hi folks, just after some advice I have a 2008 a6 avant. The mmi has packed in, the initiation screen comes on when I press the power button, but goes off after a couple of seconds. I've heard about water ingress from the rear washer pipe after cold weather usage and I belive this has happend as I used the rear washer on a cold morning and it stopped working the same day. I've had the amp out and the wire block connection has whitefish marks on it. I've have not opend the unit yet though. Can I fix it with a clean or will I need a new amp? Or am I way off base ha ha? Cheers 

2 minutes ago, Elcanon said:

Hi folks, just after some advice I have a 2008 a6 avant. The mmi has packed in, the initiation screen comes on when I press the power button, but goes off after a couple of seconds. I've heard about water ingress from the rear washer pipe after cold weather usage and I belive this has happend as I used the rear washer on a cold morning and it stopped working the same day. I've had the amp out and the wire block connection has whitefish marks on it. I've have not opend the unit yet though. Can I fix it with a clean or will I need a new amp? Or am I way off base ha ha? Cheers 

I've got the S6 Le-Man from 2008 with exactly the same fault too, so if anyone has any suggestions - Sufficed to say we'd both be grateful 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update, I tried cleaning the amp motherboard and got all the water damage residue off. However this did not work and its still not working so it looks like its a replacement. Thanks all for the comments 

On 4/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, Elcanon said:

Just an update, I tried cleaning the amp motherboard and got all the water damage residue off. However this did not work and its still not working so it looks like its a replacement. Thanks all for the comments 

If you find out how / where to find and fit one, I'd love to know as I' have exactly that problem with mine too! Keep us posted if you will?

On 4/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, Elcanon said:

Sorry to hear that. The water ingress issues in Audi's from.this era was ridiculous. Once my A6 has a full restoration (in time) the CCM and all electric modules etc on the floor will be moved. 

• Like 1