Adblue system failure

Thomas1978

Do you know someone what happened  my car? The dashboard message is yellow . Adblue system failure distance 650 ml

I was filled up the adblue but the message does not away. Thank you

The sensor/system might need resetting which will be the easiest option. As such is recommend a diagnostic check. The sensor might need replacing. 

It could also be the pump as it was in this case: 

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/189586-Adblue-system-fault-No-restart-in-650-miles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

The sensor/system might need resetting which will be the easiest option. As such is recommend a diagnostic check. The sensor might need replacing. 

It could also be the pump as it was in this case: 

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/189586-Adblue-system-fault-No-restart-in-650-miles

Thank you! 

• 2 months later...

Hi I have exact same problem,had ro 2 garages both said can't find any problem with pump or any of the adblue system,both reset light and now few months later same problem,what was your outcome?

4 hours ago, ConnerMac92 said:

Hi I have exact same problem,had ro 2 garages both said can't find any problem with pump or any of the adblue system,both reset light and now few months later same problem,what was your outcome?

It could be the ssensor, float in the tank. 

Tank you everybody. The problem solved! We did the normal resetting procedure. Everything is fine. Switch on the ignition and wait the one minute and then off. Wait the one minute again. Done.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 9:25 AM, Thomas1978 said:

Tank you everybody. The problem solved! We did the normal resetting procedure. Everything is fine. Switch on the ignition and wait the one minute and then off. Wait the one minute again. Done.

So glad you got sorted 🙂

• 3 months later...

Hi my audi a6 avant adblu won't refill as if the flap won't open. Iv done 14000 miles and now just had 1st stage re mapping and now it's come on dash as adblu 25 miles to refill. Has my car had a deleted adblu with flap not opening. 

25 minutes ago, 9GRG said:

Hi my audi a6 avant adblu won't refill as if the flap won't open. Iv done 14000 miles and now just had 1st stage re mapping and now it's come on dash as adblu 25 miles to refill. Has my car had a deleted adblu with flap not opening. 

Hi the Adblue filler is next to the fuel filler its circular and made of plastic with a 17mm plastic bolt on the top, if its the filler flap that won't open there is an emergency release red cable behind the boot trim that side.

Steve.

Hi Steve. It might of had a delete done on it too but ill check in morning for the red cable release.  Cheers ill let you know.