Audi A5 B9 Coding with VCDS

jdragon
聽Share

For anyone looking to do some coding with VCDS, here are a couple of helpful resources:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/***official***-b9-a5-s5-rs5-obdeleven-coding-thread-updated-8-6-2018-a-2954987/

https://www.a5oc.com/threads/complete-vcds-vagcom-mod-list.28600/

The changes I've made so far:

Gauge Test/Needle Sweep
[17 Instruments] > Coding-07 > Long Coding Helper > Byte 1 > Enable Bit 0
--------------------------------
DRL option in MIB:
[09 Central Electrics] > Coding-07 > Long Coding Helper > Byte 2 > Enable Bit 1
Acoustic Lock/unlock:
[46-Central Module] > Coding-07 > Long Coding Helper > Byte 4 > Enable Bit 6

[ 46-Central Module ] > Adaptation - 10 > ENG146368-ENG146488-central_locking_system-beep_at_opening > activate

Configure these channels as desired:
Lock sounds: ENG146372-ENG146515-horn_settings-number_of_acoustic_acknowlagement_signals_zv_close (default 1 beep)
Unlock sounds: ENG146372-ENG146514-horn_settings-number_of_acoustic_acknowlagement_signals_zv_open (default 2 beeps)

My car was already set with the corresponding number of hazard blinks to match the sound, so I've left as default.

Does anyone know how to do the following:

1. disable the 'passenger air bag on' warning/chime that is displayed every time the car is started
2. disable the 'engine running' warning/chime every time the drivers door is opened

I've got plans to do a few more, so I'll post the outcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few more tweaks confirmed working:

Comfort Blinking:
[46-Central Module] > [Adaptation-10] > Turn Signal Control > Freeway Flashing Cycles > Current Value: 3 > New Value: 5 (1-5 possible)
Increase time required to open boot with remote:
[46 - Central Convenience] > [Adaptation - 10] > IDE08400-Actuation time to open rear lid with remote control > Current Value: 800 (ms) > New Value: 2000 > Do it
Windows Open/Close with Fob:
[46-Cent. Conv] > [Coding] > [Long Coding Helper] > Allow Experimental Data > Byte 12 > Bit 0 = Comfort_operation > active

Thanks.

I like the thought of hazards flashing with emergency brake, so will do that.

Still haven't found a working solution to disable the engine on warning 馃檭

• 3 weeks later...
Enable Rear DRLs:
[09-Central Elec] > [Coding-07] > [Long Coding Helper] > Allow Experimental Data > Byte 2 > Bit 3 = sl_at_drl
Flashing Tail Lights with Emergency Brake:
[46-Central Conv] > [Coding-07] > [Long Coding Helper] > Allow Experimental Data > Byte 21 > Bit 0 = Emergency_brake_indication_active
Hazards Flashing with Emergency Stop:
[46-Central Conv] > [Coding-07] > [Long Coding Helper] > Allow Experimental Data > Byte 36 > Bit 1 = Emergency_stop_hazard_flashing_active
I was helped with the following on Ross-Tech forums but it didn't work for me:
Engine Running Warning Off:
[17-Instruments] > [Adaptation-10] > IDE06588-Ignition active message: actuator >聽 changed from 'Driver Door' to 'No Display'

hi jon,thanks for all these tips ,there very helpful as ive purchased the vcds only lately so ill have a fiddle around with it at the weekend.thanks again.greg.

1 hour ago, coupe4 said:

hi jon,thanks for all these tips ,there very helpful as ive purchased the vcds only lately so ill have a fiddle around with it at the weekend.thanks again.greg.

It's a great tool. I originally purchased it several years ago to code a new battery on my A4 B8, and I've since learned by reading posts from other people's experiences.

There's a lot of questionable info regarding coding, especially the battery change on the A4 B8s and A5 B9. However be assured what I've posted is 100% working (apart from turning of the super annoying 'engine running' alert 馃槃).

And this is my way of paying forward, so thanks for the response. Google search captures most, but the Ross-Tech forum is definitely the best place to start.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question re VCDS and a 2021 A4 B9 I'm shortly hopefully to buy - I've the older Vagcom USB interface HEX-USB+CAN shown here I've used on my B8 A4 fine, but understand this may no longer work on the newer 2021 B9's and other more recent Audis and other VAG cars.聽 Does anyone know if this is definitely the case, as I read online here (via a google search) that they are locking out these kinds of modifications and diagnostics, and being they are now providing some paid for features you can unlock via their mobile app etc.聽 Will try the existing older cable I have when I change the car, but curious to hear anyone's experiences to date, as well as what is actually possible to do (or not) with the newer cars, reading/resetting diagnostic codes as well as any modifications being possible anymore? Is it a case of VAGCOM no longer being usable by these newer cars, as was considering selling the existing cable and getting the newer USB V2 one potentially. Cheers!