A6 C7 2.8 fsi MMI not working

yay 6

Greetings from New Zealand,

The screen on my car does not pop up, even when the button by the aircon vent is pressed. The radio and cd player do not come on either, and none of the buttons on the MMI controller light up when pressed. The button for the on-off/volume does nothing when pressed.

I have removed the screen and checked for broken wires and all is clear. The fuses are fine as well.

I believe there could be an isue with the MMI control box itself. How do I go about removing it, and is there any way of testing it before ordering a replacement unit?

I have attached a photo of the MMI unit is situ,

Many thanks,

IMG_20220423_163850.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

May I ask how you fixed this issue? The same thing happened to me and so far no leads on how to fix this. I would really appreciate it to know how you fixed yours. 

Thank you in advance:)

On 7/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, FPC said:

Hi, 

May I ask how you fixed this issue? The same thing happened to me and so far no leads on how to fix this. I would really appreciate it to know how you fixed yours. 

Thank you in advance:)

I had to take the car in to a professional car audio repairer. Turns out the dashboard MMI unit was faulty and need some ICs changed. Cost: NZ$ 750