Apple car play

Rutland

Hi all - I’m confused and hope you can help. My 2018 A6 Allroad doesn’t seem to have a USB port anywhere. Therefore Apple car play cant work - is that correct ? 
I use Spotify via phone wirelessly through the MMI so why cant I get the Apple car play that way ?

I'm more interested in making WAZE work as my default sat nav. 

Your advice would be most helpful.

Thanks for the help but I’m afraid it’s still a NO.

phone is already paired with car, and I follow all instructions in video.

My MMI screen doesn’t look like the one shown in the video for starters - and when I get to the ‘hold voice control’ button to start CarPlay it just seems my phone cannot find any cars that are CarPlay equipped nearby. 

I can only presume my 2018 registered car has not had whatever upgrades required for it to utilise car play. Spotify works perfectly via Bluetooth, really frustrating not to be able to get WAZE up on the screen as my default satnav.  If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Could it be I need a data dongle thingy I see on some YouTube videos ?

4 hours ago, Rutland said:

Thanks for the help but I’m afraid it’s still a NO.

phone is already paired with car, and I follow all instructions in video.

My MMI screen doesn’t look like the one shown in the video for starters - and when I get to the ‘hold voice control’ button to start CarPlay it just seems my phone cannot find any cars that are CarPlay equipped nearby. 

I can only presume my 2018 registered car has not had whatever upgrades required for it to utilise car play. Spotify works perfectly via Bluetooth, really frustrating not to be able to get WAZE up on the screen as my default satnav.  If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Could it be I need a data dongle thingy I see on some YouTube videos ?

You could always look at a headunit upgrade but it won't be cheap. 

25 minutes ago, Rutland said:

I think I’ll make do with the Audi satnav. No more cash - new tyres next week. £700

Don't go there, my local tyre place says tyre prices are going up nearly daily! 

• 2 weeks later...

How right you are. Went in 6 weeks ago and ordered 4 x Goodyear Vector 4 season tyres. £700. Delay after delay means they’re not here yet, and the tyre chap tells me they’ve gone up ….. I did fancy the Michelin Crossclimate but they were £800 for a set, they’re still that price but the Goodyears are now only £1 cheaper, and they’re still a fortnight away. So Michelins it will be in the next two weeks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rutland said:

How right you are. Went in 6 weeks ago and ordered 4 x Goodyear Vector 4 season tyres. £700. Delay after delay means they’re not here yet, and the tyre chap tells me they’ve gone up ….. I did fancy the Michelin Crossclimate but they were £800 for a set, they’re still that price but the Goodyears are now only £1 cheaper, and they’re still a fortnight away. So Michelins it will be in the next two weeks.

It's getting ridiculous now. Just had to put rear tyres on my daily yesterday.