Rear Wash/Wipe

Anton8

Hi

My rear Wiper has no wash. There is a pipe off somewhere in the tailgate as water is coming from the inside of the trim of the tailgate. I have been trying to get the tailgate trim off to no avail. Taken the two screws out of the warning triangle recess. Also the two screws out from either side of the rear light cluster access. Are there any more screws or is it just brute force now. It is so tight I am afraid of breaking something. I don't really want to send it to Audi as they will charge mega bucks to do it.

Tony

1 hour ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

My rear Wiper has no wash. There is a pipe off somewhere in the tailgate as water is coming from the inside of the trim of the tailgate. I have been trying to get the tailgate trim off to no avail. Taken the two screws out of the warning triangle recess. Also the two screws out from either side of the rear light cluster access. Are there any more screws or is it just brute force now. It is so tight I am afraid of breaking something. I don't really want to send it to Audi as they will charge mega bucks to do it.

Tony

Hi Tony if you have got the screws out you will have to go at it with a plastic trim prise, its held on with some pretty ferocious metal spring plunge clips most of which deform when releasing just work your way round carefully and once you get it going it will fall off, just keep an eye on the boot light unit as the wires are short and easily snapped, engage an assistant for that bit, I propped it up on the Wife until I had undone the connector, its probably either the seal on the motor or the supply pipe has come off, don't know what Zoon came up with running the water feed for the washer through the spindle the arm is fixed to, the replacement panel clips from Audi are about £2 each but I got ten of em off eBay for about six quid, see picture.

Steve.

IMG_20220430_201344_resized_20220430_081415076.jpg

Hi

It's a nice day, thought I would tackle my rear screen wash problem. Yes, you are right Steve those clips are quite vicious. I have managed to get two to release but no luck getting the trim removed. It is now stuck, can't get it off, can't get it back as the clips have deformed. 

The car is going into to Audi Croydon on Monday to sort it out. Will let you know the outcome.

Tony

1 hour ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

It's a nice day, thought I would tackle my rear screen wash problem. Yes, you are right Steve those clips are quite vicious. I have managed to get two to release but no luck getting the trim removed. It is now stuck, can't get it off, can't get it back as the clips have deformed. 

The car is going into to Audi Croydon on Monday to sort it out. Will let you know the outcome.

Tony

Hope it gets sorted Tony 🙂

2 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

Tony

Hi Tony you have to give the trim some GBH all the way along the ABS plastic trim will take a hell of a lot of action before it breaks you just have to get a couple going and chase to the next clip from memory there are about eight. My guess is the seal on the motor is shot, I know mine was and that was about 50k.

Steve. 

9 minutes ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

I hope you mean 50,000 miles not £50,000. 

Tony

Hi yes sorry it was miles the genuine motor comes in at about £170.00 thats why I ran round for a few days with no trim until the genuine motor arrived with the clips from eBay getting the wiper off aint much fun either unless you have a wiper puller which I borrowed from Mr Shiny kit a couple of doors up from me, he has just about everything tool wise but never uses any of it so I kept his and bought him a new one as far as he is concerned it won't work properly if the original packaging is grubby.

Steve.

Hi

Just got my car back from the Audi Stealership, (Sorry Typo) Dealership. I have paid £160 for a nice valet and pushing a piece of pipe on. Oh, and putting the trim back. 

They also gave me a list of items that need doing. Cam Belt change £915. (Probably true 59K miles.) Brake fluid change £100. Rear discs and pads. £550. Air filter £60. Pollen Filter £80. Full Service was done by Audi January 2021 56K. Surprising how quickly things wear out these days. Still, I can wash my rear window now.

Tony

44 minutes ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

Just got my car back from the Audi Stealership, (Sorry Typo) Dealership. I have paid £160 for a nice valet and pushing a piece of pipe on. Oh, and putting the trim back. 

They also gave me a list of items that need doing. Cam Belt change £915. (Probably true 59K miles.) Brake fluid change £100. Rear discs and pads. £550. Air filter £60. Pollen Filter £80. Full Service was done by Audi January 2021 56K. Surprising how quickly things wear out these days. Still, I can wash my rear window now.

Tony

Hi Tony, the mob you used don't write comedy sketches do they. changed my discs and pads on the rear last July, all Bosch parts which came in at just under £100, cam belt kit with pump from TPS just over £200 + £250 to fit, recently done brake fluid change £18.00 for 2ltrs from Halfords and an hour of me, did a service while I was at it, Pollen filter £18, Oil Quantum spec £25, Oil filter Bosch £9, Air filter Bosch £14, Fuel Filter Blue Print £15, ok I do it myself but if you can find a decent independent you will save a fortune, I am well aware that I wouldn't be on the road if I did not do most of it myself but these people only need two more items, a try corn hat and a pair of flintlock pistols.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Just been checking recent service history for my car. Brake fluid changed 12k ago. Filters changed with major service 5k ago. All done at Audi. They didn't check history. Rear brakes don't look too bad to me. But, I have booked it in to Audi for cam belt replacement though. Local garage quoting nearly £700, so, Audi doesn't look too bad. 

Tony

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

Just got the A6 back from Audi South East. Cam belt and water pump changed. Running really sweetly as it should, nice and clean,

wallet £915.00 lighter.

• Like 1