Hello, and thanking people in advance (Knocking at low speeds front end)

PJS

I just wanted to bit a little more about owning Audi. First one I've owned (wife's) really. High mileage 110,000 full Audi history. Timing belt done at 105,000. Only owned it for 2 weeks :yucky:. it has one of those 6 months warranty things so better get it sorted. Doesn't sound great though. 

Once again, apologies for prob posting in wrong area on site. 

And thanking people for taking a look.

59 minutes ago, PJS said:

I just wanted to bit a little more about owning Audi. First one I've owned (wife's) really. High mileage 110,000 full Audi history. Timing belt done at 105,000. Only owned it for 2 weeks :yucky:. it has one of those 6 months warranty things so better get it sorted. Doesn't sound great though. 

Once again, apologies for prob posting in wrong area on site. 

And thanking people for taking a look.

Just to let you all know the sound has now.....GONE. As if by some Mr Benn Magic. 

I will update if I ever find out what it was..

Thanks

2 hours ago, PJS said:

Just to let you all know the sound has now.....GONE. As if by some Mr Benn Magic. 

I will update if I ever find out what it was..

Thanks

Hi might be something rattling around in the handbag.

Steve.

39 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi might be something rattling around in the handbag.

Steve.

Mmmm, found it, garage put new tyres on and didn't tighten lug nuts up. All these safety features and if tech is smoking weed and thinking misogynistic thoughts. You're wife's wheel could fly off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PJS said:

Mmmm, found it, garage put new tyres on and didn't tighten lug nuts up. All these safety features and if tech is smoking weed and thinking misogynistic thoughts. You're wife's wheel could fly off. 

Hi, that is an old mistake and should never happen these days and is shocking really when you consider the implicit trust most people have in these places, mind you I am neurotic about wheels tyres and brakes which is why I check the three cars in our family every month and always re tighten the wheel nuts a day or so after having the tyres changed, mind you the guys I have been using  for the last twenty five years torque check the wheels twice before the car leaves the workshop, I have only known them to fail in the practice once a few years ago when a new guy who was fond of a carnival atmosphere at work forgot to tighten the rear wheels on one of the late 5.0 Mustangs they had in, when it belly flopped on the tarmac 900yds from the workshop the owner of the workshop went berserk and you can still see the offending fitters remains hanging from a scaffold pole out back, I don't blame him as that little mistake cost him six grand to put straight.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi, that is an old mistake and should never happen these days and is shocking really when you consider the implicit trust most people have in these places, mind you I am neurotic about wheels tyres and brakes which is why I check the three cars in our family every month and always re tighten the wheel nuts a day or so after having the tyres changed, mind you the guys I have been using  for the last twenty five years torque check the wheels twice before the car leaves the workshop, I have only known them to fail in the practice once a few years ago when a new guy who was fond of a carnival atmosphere at work forgot to tighten the rear wheels on one of the late 5.0 Mustangs they had in, when it belly flopped on the tarmac 900yds from the workshop the owner of the workshop went berserk and you can still see the offending fitters remains hanging from a scaffold pole out back, I don't blame him as that little mistake cost him six grand to put straight.

Steve.

It is bad show for sure. Thanks dor taking an interest.

Paul

11 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Take it back to the garage that did the work and have the wheels inspected. There is a real chance they have been damaged around the stud holes.

Mmmm, gonna do that.  

On second thoughts it would be better to have the wheels inspected first by somebody without a vested interest in the outcome. The garage that left the nuts loose is hardly a disinterested party.

16 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

On second thoughts it would be better to have the wheels inspected first by somebody without a vested interest in the outcome. The garage that left the nuts loose is hardly a disinterested party.

Unfortunately it was the Garage that sold it to me over 100 miles away. So will take it to my local garage whom I trust. I did let the salesman know that his tech needs kick up the bum.

All seems OK though. :whistling1:

Thanks