Help clearing fault code

Essex Blue

Hi 

I have a 2017 Audi A8 which has had random electrical faults since having the windscreen replaced.

my local Audi tech clears the faults and all is well for 4 or 5 months 

he suggested changing the main module but carnt promise it will fix the random faults and it will cost over a £1000

i just wondered if there is anyone in the Chelmsford (Essex) area who has a vagcom and could clear the faults for me

4 hours ago, Essex Blue said:

Hi 

I have a 2017 Audi A8 which has had random electrical faults since having the windscreen replaced.

he suggested changing the main module but carnt promise it will fix the random faults and it will cost over a £1000

i just wondered if there is anyone in the Chelmsford (Essex) area who has a vagcom and could clear the faults for me

The key question here is, has the windscreen been fitted properly. Because if it's not sealed properly and allowing water into the car then this could be the cause for your electrical issues. Quite common on older Audi's like mine but I guess the principal would be similar with newer ones like yours. 

For example do the lights come on in certain weather conditions for example? 

6 hours ago, Essex Blue said:

Hi 

Hi who changed the screen and what are the fault codes, my guess is its the cabin humidity sensor on the screen some of the screen companies use the old unit which is basically a one hit device that needs replacing with the screen.

Steve.

The windscreen seems fine and was calibrated by auto windscreens 

My local independent Audi garage said the unusual thing with the faults was there was no time stamp on some of them.

They had the car for a week and stripped it down to check all the wiring for any shorts or faults but found nothing. All they could suggest was the main module but that was testing as being faulty and at £1000 quite a gamble 

when the faults are cleared the car is fine for a few months

Hi Steve 

no the humidity sensor has been fine. 

Before the windscreen was changed I want aware of any faults 

2 days later my adblue warning came up then loads of stuff was going wrong ie, no air con, right hand light wouldn’t warning fault came on, indicators wouldn’t work on one side.

The garage printed off 3 pages of faults and cleared them until they could get it booked in.

The car was fine for a while and they said to drive it until any faults re appeared. Three months later the adblue came on and it all started again hence the full strip down