Electronic Handbrake Frustration

Andy777

I have a 2022 A3. Is there a setting when the Electronic Handbrake will automatically engage when the engine is turned off, rather than doing it manually?

I don't think you can. It's annoying but will have to be engaged manually I'm afraid. Similar complaints were made about the 8v model too. With the case of the 8v you could get the features depending on what other options were spec'd. But I can't say for certain with the 8y. 

I think it was an option as part of the hill start assist?  Or maybe that is for auto's only?

I don't understand your frustration, as you'd have to pull the handbrake lever anyway.  Now it is a tiny switch you flick 🙂.

Just a little frustrating as I had a Qashqai for years where you never needed to pull the switch when the engine was off…just need to get in the habit of using it again…that’s all.

1 hour ago, JMKC82 said:

I think it was an option as part of the hill start assist?  Or maybe that is for auto's only?

I don't understand your frustration, as you'd have to pull the handbrake lever anyway.  Now it is a tiny switch you flick 🙂.

I think you're right as that was the case with the 8v.