E S C Fault

Aaronb67

10 hours ago, Aaronb67 said:

I have a fault showing with the e s c on my Audi A4 avant is it an easy fix 

Hi it might be if you publish what the code is that normally leads to the offending part.

Steve.

Might just be a failing battery, maybe check that first to see if that is what is causing the "Start/Stop" not being available - and borderline power availability chopping off the ESC as it is not "essential" - just a thought, that is all. Or scan the car for error codes with VCDS etc. This will give you more information on the nature of the faults. 

Also there has been a case where the coolant sensor valve has been leaking onto a cable going to the ECU, the coolant has tracked along inside it into the ECU.

4 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Might just be a failing battery, maybe check that first to see if that is what is causing the "Start/Stop" not being available - and borderline power availability chopping off the ESC as it is not "essential" - just a thought, that is all. Or scan the car for error codes with VCDS etc. This will give you more information on the nature of the faults. 

Also there has been a case where the coolant sensor valve has been leaking onto a cable going to the ECU, the coolant has tracked along inside it into the ECU.

Hi Steve the post just mentioned ESC nothing about Stop/Start which at first sight would suggest a wheel sensor but without codes or a better description we are trying to grasp at smoke.

Steve.

10 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Steve the post just mentioned ESC nothing about Stop/Start which at first sight would suggest a wheel sensor but without codes or a better description we are trying to grasp at smoke.

Steve.

Good point. I was thinking if the battery was failing then stop/start would fail too. 

• Like 1

Hello Aaron,

Many thanks for joining the forum and posting your plea for help. 
As has been said, you really need to give us more information to work with. 
Also, since the issue of the battery has been mentioned, has this 6 year old car had its battery replaced? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Steve thanks for getting back to me.  The start stop has stopped working as well I’ll will get the battery checked today. When it was in Halfords for a service they said it was showing an intermittent fault on the break sensor. 

3 hours ago, Aaronb67 said:

Hi Steve thanks for getting back to me.  The start stop has stopped working as well I’ll will get the battery checked today. When it was in Halfords for a service they said it was showing an intermittent fault on the break sensor. 

Id definitely one looking at the battery first. 

24 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Halfords and alert for intermittent fault - on which wheel Aaron? 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth 

he said the senior was on the break pedal under the dash. I had a look and there doesn’t seem to be any visible sensor on the pedal