Audi Connect Key and Audi Connect Navigation - Licence Renewal Problem

Northlondoner

My Audi Connect and Audi Connect Navigation  Licences expired on the 30th April, post 3 yr term. Since then I have been trying to renew the licences, 4 visits to the dealership, multiple calls and emails to Audi Digital Services, escalation, complaints  no progress.....  They can't seem to get the licences to appear on the online demand shop linked to my account so that I can purchase the licences....with my wife's range rover it just takes two clicks..... has anyone else has this issue.  The problem is still logged with the technical teams in Germany.

2 hours ago, Northlondoner said:

My Audi Connect and Audi Connect Navigation  Licences expired on the 30th April, post 3 yr term. Since then I have been trying to renew the licences, 4 visits to the dealership, multiple calls and emails to Audi Digital Services, escalation, complaints  no progress.....  They can't seem to get the licences to appear on the online demand shop linked to my account so that I can purchase the licences....with my wife's range rover it just takes two clicks..... has anyone else has this issue.  The problem is still logged with the technical teams in Germany.

Can't say I've heard of this issues. What have they tried to do. Have they reset the mmi etc? 

• 3 weeks later...

Has this issue been fixed for you?

I ask as I have been going through an absolute nightmare with the useless rude connect team. Mine expired in March and it was only a week ago it was fixed after I threatened them with the Motors Ombudsman’s a few weeks before. The issue seemed to be that you can see the services on myAudi German site but not you local region. It took them over 7 weeks to resolve and at first they tried to deny an issue. It affected another e tron owner I met on another forum. His was fixed at the same time. So worth checking again. 

if still not available check the German site. Also make a complaint with Audi Uk direct and mention this effected other e trons who are now fixed. Get them to contact connect team because it isn’t really worth your time contacting that useless bunch yourself. 

Good luck!

ps does your e tron by any chance have a ton of extras and black with e tron on the side?

Hi after many calls, emails and 4 visits to the dealership. The issue is partially resolved, by Audi by them sorting out their back end systems so that I could finally see the renewal on the Audi shop which was missing for 4 weeks.

At this point I purchased the navigation renewal, however, the Audi app still shows that I need a renewal which is not correct. Also when I send a navigation address to the car it gives me an error, but when you are in the car the navigation address actually appears, so a false positive error.  Ref my car its edition 1 fully loaded Antigua Blue......

All in all very clunky and totally unsatisfactory. 

Glad it’s working. I have no idea how a company as big as Audi (VW) can mess something so simple up. Seems like car companies struggle with tech. Also locking etron planner and traffic info behind a pay wall is harsh considering the price of these cars. What’s worse is the connect team. They seem to answer to no one and don’t care about giving a decent customer service. I have been told they are a 3rd party contracting firm. Probably all working from home watching Netflix based on how they don’t want to do their job.  Also every part of Audi blame the other. Dealership blames Audi Uk, Audi Uk blame connect services. As a customer I don’t care who is to blame it’s not our job to runaround trying to fix it. I must have spent hours of my time trying to fix it since March. 

ps the reason I asked about your e tron is because myself and the other guy I have speaking with that has this issue have exactly the same cars. They seem to be ex Audi UK models due to the super low mileage and huge list of extras. So wasn’t sure if this issue is isolated but alas no, it’s all e trons 🤦‍♂️