Audi s5 engine pull

Teddynewson

So been working on this for a while and got the airbag light fixed ended up being the front passenger side crash sensor, anyway she had a lot of new parts and full carbon clean, even pulled the plenum apart and clean it anyway think one of the headgasket gone, temp wise good stays at 90 but get some white/grey smoke and loss of Coolant, there is a oil leak at the rear of the engine from the rear chain cover and dropping on the exhaust so I will have to pull the engine too fix it all 

22 minutes ago, Teddynewson said:

So been working on this for a while and got the airbag light fixed ended up being the front passenger side crash sensor, anyway she had a lot of new parts and full carbon clean, even pulled the plenum apart and clean it anyway think one of the headgasket gone, temp wise good stays at 90 but get some white/grey smoke and loss of Coolant, there is a oil leak at the rear of the engine from the rear chain cover and dropping on the exhaust so I will have to pull the engine too fix it all 

Hello Edward,

I don’t think I would be pulling this engine apart simply based on this test and evidence. 
I would be taking the car on a 20 mile run and getting an assistant to rev the engine to a steady 2000rpm and then (in caps) observing the exhaust smoke. If it smokes to the same extent then - yes you are likely to have trouble. If not, it could be simply condensation. 
Coolant loss? How much over what mileage? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

4 hours ago, Teddynewson said:

Yea think it be worth it in the end Steve q 

You're welcome 🙂 not going to lie, running old Audi's is an expensive business. But in my case it's a labour of love. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Edward,

I don’t think I would be pulling this engine apart simply based on this test and evidence. 
I would be taking the car on a 20 mile run and getting an assistant to rev the engine to a steady 2000rpm and then (in caps) observing the exhaust smoke. If it smokes to the same extent then - yes you are likely to have trouble. If not, it could be simply condensation. 
Coolant loss? How much over what mileage? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth I'd love to take her on a 20 mile run but she got no m.o.t when you rev it round 2000 revs it get really thick and you can hear crackling from the right exhaust like water going on a oven hob after it's been on

Thanks Edward, 

I understand your dilemma, but if it were mine I still would pull it apart without a good run under its belt. Talk nicely with one of your local cars sales -armed with a £20 note and ask them if they would  take it for you on trade plates? A 10 mile run should do it it has to. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

6 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Edward, 

I understand your dilemma, but if it were mine I still would pull it apart without a good run under its belt. Talk nicely with one of your local cars sales -armed with a £20 note and ask them if they would  take it for you on trade plates? A 10 mile run should do it it has to. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I'll see if I can, iv just done a compression test on it 1=151psi, 2=153, 3=141, 4=150,5=145.5, 6=137.5, 7=160, 8=153

1 hour ago, Teddynewson said:

I'll see if I can, iv just done a compression test on it 1=151psi, 2=153, 3=141, 4=150,5=145.5, 6=137.5, 7=160, 8=153

Iv just started her up blimey, smoke a understatement but did see a small leak from the headgasket by cylinder 6 but the smoke did calm down until she got upto temp and started too get thick again and the left exhaust started popping 

Edited by Teddynewson

44 minutes ago, Teddynewson said:

Iv just started her up blimey, smoke a understatement but did see a small leak from the headgasket by cylinder 6 but the smoke did calm down until she got upto temp and started too get thick again and the left exhaust started popping 

Just now, Teddynewson said:

Just put my fingers up as far as thay would go and there a lot of oil residual up there so I'm thinking def headgasket due to the small leak, and valve stem seals and as I'm there regasket the timing chain covers and bottom seal