Engine management lights

Ukfresh

Hi

I have a 2012 A6. For the last year I have had issues with engine management light coming on intermittently as well as loads of other warnings such as tyre pressure, traction, stop start, brake all coming on at once. Usually they disappear after turning off the engine but the engine management will stay on sometimes for a few days but then will go off. The light does not effect performance of car or put the car in limp home mode. Audi took it in but could not find any fault codes. I have noticed that when this happens stop start no longer works. As anyone else had an issue like this?

Sounds really like a battery problem .. these cars are VERY easily upset if the battery is not in really good condition... and a simple voltage check with a meter is no where near a good enough check,, the battery needs to be checked with a PROPER PROFFESIONAL battery checking device... there might well be enough "oomph" in the battery to start the engine .. but the voltage drops as the battery recharges and numerous other circuits kick in is often enough to cause many problems of the type you describe..... this of course assumes the alternator is also in good condition ... as that is what actually provides all the electrics the car needs !!

• Like 1