2008 Audi A3 replacement engines

SSilver50

I am new to owning Audis and have just bought a 2008 A3 with a 2.0 L engine with manual transmission. My biggest concern is that The car is running on about half of its cylinders and needs an engine replacement.  This is going to be a car that I drive about three times a week and I can occasionally take out on the track. Are there any recommended engines for this car. I would still really like to keep it manual if that’s possible.

Why not another Audi 2 litre engine? I suppose you could change it for the 3.2 litre if you also swap the transmission, suspension, wheels, and brakes to suit, but then might as well have bought a 3.2 in the first place.

As for the transmission, if you are satisfied with the manual gearbox, keep it. I don't understand why you would ask the question.

12 hours ago, SSilver50 said:

I am new to owning Audis and have just bought a 2008 A3 with a 2.0 L engine with manual transmission. My biggest concern is that The car is running on about half of its cylinders and needs an engine replacement.  This is going to be a car that I drive about three times a week and I can occasionally take out on the track. Are there any recommended engines for this car. I would still really like to keep it manual if that’s possible.

Hi the question you have to ask is why is it only running  on two cylinders?, might be something as simple as a duff injector, you really need to get the car plugged in and get some codes before hurling $$$ at a new one which most likely a second hand unit of dubious origin which may well end up digging a money pit for you, I personally could only give an informed opinion based on DTCs and the milage of your unit as it may well be that its more economical to have your existing unit rebuilt which saves on a lot of coding and another ECU.

Steve.

• Like 1

Skyler mentioned using the car on a track which I interpreted as racing, hence my suggestion of the 3.2 engine, but since he has not had the courtesy to aknowledge our responses or provide any more information I guess we'll never know.