80 cabriolet

Turlough

Hi everyone, I’m looking for the part number of the drivers side rear window outside rubber seal, the one that sits on the outside of the rear window slot. Doing my head in, I tried my local Audi dealer and they gave me the number of the chrome strip and insisted that was it but it wasn’t, would appreciate help!

14F61038-E538-41C2-9BF3-6977A9A66E19.jpeg

Hello Turlough,

I would have thought this would have been quite easy - just return to your dealer armed with the photo you have taken. Surely it must be possible to correctly identify what you want.

Take it you are going to buy the part from the dealer, once they have correctly identified it? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Turlough,

I would have thought this would have been quite easy - just return to your dealer armed with the photo you have taken. Surely it must be possible to correctly identify what you want.

Take it you are going to buy the part from the dealer, once they have correctly identified it? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Yes Gareth,

I did better than that I brought the car to the Audi dealer, they actually said the seal and the chrome trim were one piece which they’re not. Before you suggest I go to another dealer

N. Ireland only has 1 dealer but thank you for your insightful suggestion. I can’t buy the part from the dealer because the part is discontinued and ‘Audi Tradition’ won’t sell to this United Kingdom post Brexit, I’ll try eBay.de or eBay.pl. But I need the part number 
regards Turlough. 

I feel your pain for sourcing parts for older audis. I'm finding trouble for a few parts for my c5. I've just had a search for you. I'm wondering if it's this:  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265258736462?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=eegr9222Q2q&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IE07kO4STZy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY 

And the other side: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133511258060?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=grQPZ242R9y&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IE07kO4STZy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY 

The alternative could be to get a rubber seal company to make one using the old one as a mould/blueprint.

Steve Q,

thank you u so much for your effort to help me, unfortunately to no avail, those parts are absolutely in the right area and here comes the ‘but’, but they are for the inside of the rear windows and are attached to the inner trim panel. But, and there’s another ‘but’ I could start messaging around the eBay’ers who are scraping 80 cabriolets. Thanks again Steve! 👏

Turlough

Hello Turlough,

Apologies for suggesting what you had already done, and unfortunately we find ourselves in this situation from time to time, since we are not made aware of the extent of searching that has gone on. 
So that I can get my head around this, you are of a different opinion to the dealer about whether the part you want is (now?) combined with an adjacent part, but whatever, the part/s you want are discontinued -? - so not available new in the U.K./NI.

Are you saying they might be available as ‘old stock’ somewhere  - at dealers or eBay sellers who might have bought out redundant stock? 
Am I losing my logic by suggesting that if you see what you think is the right part/s via. a Continental eBay seller you simply compare images and dimensions with the probably limited number of listings for what you think is the right part? 
I guess you are aware of the on-line car breaker link sites where you can list your ‘wants’.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth.

Yes to all of the above. I contacted the dealer again and they acknowledged they gave the wrong number but were unable to identify the right part on their system, so with the help of google translate I’ve been trawling European sites and eventually found the part number I need, for any poor unfortunate faced with the same problem the part numbers for the rear window slot, outside window seal for an Audi Cabriolet are; 

Right hand side, 8G0 825 398L

Left hand side,   8G0 825 397L

I appreciate your help Gareth and now I’ll go and search the internet world, there has to be one out there with my name on it.

Cheers Gareth

Turlough

CFCD1631-93B6-4DAF-8681-B806A3D07502.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turlough said:

Steve Q,

thank you u so much for your effort to help me, unfortunately to no avail, those parts are absolutely in the right area and here comes the ‘but’, but they are for the inside of the rear windows and are attached to the inner trim panel. But, and there’s another ‘but’ I could start messaging around the eBay’ers who are scraping 80 cabriolets. Thanks again Steve! 👏

Turlough

You're welcome 🙂 I hadn't considered an inside seal to be honest 🤦‍♂️ 

Definitely worth contacting breakers. I'll keep an eye out though. 

On 5/26/2022 at 9:22 PM, Steve Q said:

You're welcome 🙂 I hadn't considered an inside seal to be honest 🤦‍♂️ 

Definitely worth contacting breakers. I'll keep an eye out though. 

Steve Q,

Eureka, mission accomplished, I was able to circulate the number to a few breakers and one of them came back with the part, happy day’s!

thanks again for your support!

Turlough

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 4:46 PM, Turlough said:

Steve Q,

Eureka, mission accomplished, I was able to circulate the number to a few breakers and one of them came back with the part, happy day’s!

thanks again for your support!

Turlough

You're welcome, glad you got sorted 🙂