Black 07 plate RS4 saloon for sale

Victaaa

Reluctantly selling my B7 RS4 that I’ve owned since ‘09, 45k miles and I’m the third owner

its been SORN for a while but runs well, and in good condition 

mom just wondering if it’s imperative to MOT and get in the road before sale, or just market as is, would obviously price accordingly - thoughts ??

Hello Victor,

It depends on how long ‘a while’ is regarding the length of time it’s been standing, and what the affect of this would be. 
I think it goes without saying that currently the car can only be sold as seen, and without trial, or any indication of its overall mechanical condition, in terms of satisfying the MOT requirements. As such the value will obviously be (significantly?)  reduced. 
Having said that, the value of cars has increased over the last year or so, so you may find that even in its current condition, it might be worth more than it was a couple of years ago when it might have been road legal. 
Simple answer to your question - yes it will be worth more and be more saleable if it has a current MOT and is road legal to test prior to purchase - but I guess you are aware of that anyway. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Victor,

It depends on how long ‘a while’ is regarding the length of time it’s been standing, and what the affect of this would be. 
I think it goes without saying that currently the car can only be sold as seen, and without trial, or any indication of its overall mechanical condition, in terms of satisfying the MOT requirements. As such the value will obviously be (significantly?)  reduced. 
Having said that, the value of cars has increased over the last year or so, so you may find that even in its current condition, it might be worth more than it was a couple of years ago when it might have been road legal. 
Simple answer to your question - yes it will be worth more and be more saleable if it has a current MOT and is road legal to test prior to purchase - but I guess you are aware of that anyway. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth

yes - it’s been sitting a while (3yrs) - however I’ve made sure it’s been run every so often to make sure no major issues occur from sitting, seizing etc

i guess my question is too vague, but ultimately goal is to make sure I don’t spend too much on things that aren’t materially going to drop the price too much, and yet assure buyer and seller get a fair value

i assume an MOT will be useful, at least as a starting point

• Like 1