Confirmation of vehicle age

Junaid

Hi,

i have just purchased a vehicle from an auction site in the uk which was originally from jersey. I have tried registering it in the uk through dvla but have refused my application many times due to me not verifying the vehicle age. I have been told by the dvla that I would need a dated letter from an Audi owners club to confirm this.

any help would highly appreciated.

thank you

55 minutes ago, Junaid said:

Hi,

i have just purchased a vehicle from an auction site in the uk which was originally from jersey. I have tried registering it in the uk through dvla but have refused my application many times due to me not verifying the vehicle age. I have been told by the dvla that I would need a dated letter from an Audi owners club to confirm this.

any help would highly appreciated.

thank you

Ideally you'll have to contact Audi directly for this. 

Hello Junaid,

What DVLA will require is a build record for the car, which lists what date the car was built - via. the VIN.

Not sure, but I believe there were on - line searches which gave this information. It’s certainly worth a first try, to visit a friendly main dealer’s Part Department armed with a photo of the VIN, and it’s quite likely that they would be able to give you a printout of the build record. Always worth a try, but I would be taking along a box of biscuits as a thank you! 

You will find you will also need a NOVA document ( Notification of Vehicle Arrival). This document can be obtained from HMRC, and is required as proof that all import duties have been paid. 
Hope some of this helps - let us know.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you soo much for your reply,

the Nova has been done for the vehicle which I have provided to dvla along with the certificate of conformity. But they are asking me to get in touch with a bechike owners club to confirm the age of the vehicle for some strange reason. They are asking for a dated letter to confirm the vehicle is of the age I have told them?

hi,if its any consolation these government bodies who deal with all this import paperwork usually know nothing about cars and have no passion for vintage or rare models,here in eire its the same,they seem to go out of their way to make it as hard as possible to import a car.you try to do it the proper way but they  seem to enjoy asking for more pointless paperwork just when you think your sorted!greg.

Thanks Gregg,

Pedantic is the word, but asking for proof of age of any vehicle is an understandable fundamental requirement. 
Not sure whether Junaid has got any further by following the advice - perhaps he will let us know.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:
1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Gregg,

Pedantic is the word, but asking for proof of age of any vehicle is an understandable fundamental requirement. 
Not sure whether Junaid has got any further by following the advice - perhaps he will let us know.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I have been to the local Audi Dealership and they have printed a paper for me which has the VIN number along with the make and model of the vehicle and it also has the delivery date and date of production. I’ve sent this back to the DVLA now awaiting reply, fingers crossed it works this time. Will keep you guys updated.

thanks got all your help