Leather seats: cleaning and protecting to maintain the dull look

jdragon

To remove the inevitable shine from leather, I use a magic sponge very lightly and wipe dry with an ordinary towel.

I've used a couple of different products over the years to protect the leather, but they've finished with a shiny look.

My question is, has anyone used a product to treat/protect leather seats that doesn't leave them looking shiny?

On 6/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, jdragon said:

To remove the inevitable shine from leather, I use a magic sponge very lightly and wipe dry with an ordinary towel.

I've used a couple of different products over the years to protect the leather, but they've finished with a shiny look.

My question is, has anyone used a product to treat/protect leather seats that doesn't leave them looking shiny?

Hi yes if you use Autoglym leather cleaner and then the leather balm that normally works, it does on mine anyway all the other stuff just made the seats slippery.

Steve.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:05 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi yes if you use Autoglym leather cleaner and then the leather balm that normally works, it does on mine anyway all the other stuff just made the seats slippery.

Steve.

I have an unused bottle of that. I recall buying it for one last effort, but then I lost interest 😕

19 hours ago, jdragon said:

I have an unused bottle of that. I recall buying it for one last effort, but then I lost interest 😕

HI its about the best combo I have used there is another but at about £60 for the kit I fear the Bentley owners can have my share apart from which the Bentley leather is dyed hide where as ours is spray painted.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, jdragon said:

Hi, i have run a side detailing business for several years now so hopefully this helps. 
Please do not use a magic sponge on leather it will age very quickly.

my go to leather products are from The Leather company. They do a cleaner and protection balm. Great combo and great company, the owner is very passionate and is willing to give advice on anything leather so check them out! They do a leather cleaning brush which is designed to clean thoroughly and carefully with hollow fibres. 

👍

• Like 1

I have recently bought my Q5 ill show you a 50/50 when I clean the leather. ill look through my old work pictures and find something if I don't do the Audi soon. I've bought it and just driven it ATM as I've been so busy and it came to me very clean so maintenance washes until the weather turns and ill give it a polish seal and protection in and out

On 3/14/2023 at 10:52 AM, jdragon said:

Thanks for your contribution here.

Do you have any before and after photos of the products being used?