Ingition live fuse location

Poppinjay
聽Share

Hi,

New on here so apologies if this is not the correct section

On an Audi A3 2011 that comes with a Chorus stereo ( bog standard, so no special features and amps built in ) i will be replacing it with a Pioneer Double Din Android Auto and I need to obtain an Ignition live so I dont lose any preset settings. Can anyone assist in the best location for it.

thanks for any help 馃榾

Hi,

Sorry, to make it clearer, I mean once the new stereo is fitted it will be to maintain all audio settings and Radio settings, so everytime I turn it off and on the car it will remember the presets I applied. From what I have read the car has a switched live and if not using the ignition live I would have to keep setting the stereo up like I had just newly fitted it.

Hope this helps聽

Hello Jo,

I know what you mean about needing a permanent live to your aftermarket equipment. This will have been built in to the original wiring loom/plug.聽
Pioneer should be able to supply the correct Audi/Vag plug to link your original plug with the Pioneer connector - try Halfords.

Yes, I know this is going to cost, but it鈥檚 the proper way to do it. I鈥檝e seen too many cobbled up crimp-connected odd bits of wiring associated with such installations to render friendships with the local Fire Service as an essential!聽
Kind regards,

Gareth.聽

Thanks Gareth,

I have a good knowledge of car audio to not have a fire 馃槀 I have a loom from connects2u and the red wire is unplugged in the loom to be rerouted in the car obviously its on the HU output side.... I know the car, once the ignition is off, the stereo will remain on for a while till the key is removed as its a switched live. From what I read there is a fuse that is the ignition live that you piggy back off with apropriate connector, just not sure which one unless worst case I put a meter on them to test.