Audi A4 2 l tdi convertible 06 roof and tool problems ahhhhh

Sunshinesnoopy

Hiya . My roof is playing up , I’ve snapped two tools fooling it manually . It’s so temperamental one day perfect the next half way stuck . Does anyone know where to spray wd40 if any water is getting in . Any tips . I can’t afford a mechanic atm . Much appreciated!!! 

1 minute ago, Sunshinesnoopy said:

Hiya . My roof is playing up , I’ve snapped two tools fooling it manually . It’s so temperamental one day perfect the next half way stuck . Does anyone know where to spray wd40 if any water is getting in . Any tips . I can’t afford a mechanic atm . Much appreciated!!! 

Sorry about that . This roof has been a pain for ages,sometimes it works and mostly it just stops working when closing it and the switch does nothing.I have to use the emergency tool to unlock it and sometimes have to leave it for 30minuets to cool down ,is this normal?.is there anything I can do short of putting in a garage for them to look at? Thanks 😊 

There was a chap in Essex who advertised on eBay to solve any A4 Convertible roof problem. Unfortunately, you're a long way from his neighbourhood. That said, he might be worth giving a call? I saw his listing a while ago and - owning an A4 convertible - made a note of his details:

"I've been in the motor trade for 35 years and have extensive knowledge of VW and Audi convertible roofs and can fix most problems on the first visit
Please call 07850685729 or 01728685729 I only operate in Suffolk Norfolk and Essex"

I think the first thing you need to do is find someone with an OBDII to see if there are fault codes being stored about the fault. That will give you a place to start...

Cheers,

Mike😎

Hi Mike, thanks , I’m in Cornwall! It’s a pain in the !Removed! it’s hit and miss all the time . Also manually folding it some of the seal and fabric came away . So I’m doubly !Removed! off. I don’t know what it is was fine until I took it through a car wash about a year ago stupidly. Georgeous car though ! Do you know how much I could expect to pay if switch , sensor , motor ? Many thanks for your help !