audi b9 avant paint code

audi999

I've tried to google this. Can anyone please advise where I can find the vin plate/colour code on my 2017 A4 Avant? I've looked under the spare wheel. Do I have to remove the internal trim around the battery? I'd be grateful for any info

its normally on a sticker in the spare wheel well,the sticker will have a lot of other codes on it too.its also on the inside of the owners manual giving all codes for the spec on your car,this includes the paint code.i hope this helps.greg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coupe4 said:

its normally on a sticker in the spare wheel well,the sticker will have a lot of other codes on it too.its also on the inside of the owners manual giving all codes for the spec on your car,this includes the paint code.i hope this helps.greg

Thanks for that Greg, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would respond. I removed the spare wheel and had a quick look. I'll have to remove some internal trim to have a proper look, so I'll try that later.

Hello John,

What paint do you want to buy? Touch up, aerosol?

If all else fails, then nip it into any main dealer, and there should be enough recentish experience there to identify the colour by name. Getting the code will then be easy. 
Alternative - you are likely to find the same colour of the same year on an odd car at Tesco’s - or Waitrose if that way inclined! Quite likely the owner can help you. 
You could also ask at a trusted local bodyshop - there will certainly be experience there. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.