FTC pellets for a Q5

Griffithsrg3

Hi I was wondering if anybodys used FTC pellets on there Q5 to help with fuel economy. I know somebody who’s used these on a motorhome & they couldn’t believe the difference it made to there mpg & emissions.

I've had a look, I'm just curious as to what's stops the pellets from getting sucked into the fuel pump? 

I'd be tempted to give it a go as long as they're not sucked into the fuel pump. 

21 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I've had a look, I'm just curious as to what's stops the pellets from getting sucked into the fuel pump? 

I'd be tempted to give it a go as long as they're not sucked into the fuel pump. 

That’s the only worry I had about them but I’ve been told they not, I just need to find out if they would drop straight down from diesel cap or not.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, Griffithsrg3 said:

That’s the only worry I had about them but I’ve been told they not, I just need to find out if they would drop straight down from diesel cap or not.

Oo good point, I know a lot of cars have now got anti tamper/anti Syphon systems. Would probably work on my old A6. 

28 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Oo good point, I know a lot of cars have now got anti tamper/anti Syphon systems. Would probably work on my old A6. 

I’ve emailed them with my car details & they said they will drop straight down.

You may want to google FTC before you part with any money, as very few are convinced that they are any thing other than ‘snake oil’. As the old adage goes ‘if it seems too be good to be true then it almost certainly is’. They have been around for donkeys years, previously I think they were called Brockets and came in a small bag. They didn’t work then and they don’t work now, a few scientific studies are around to prove it.
As ever, your money, your choice but if you do get them try doing some reasonably challenging tests to prove or disprove their veracity. A few tank to tank mileage checks would be a good start.

• Like 1