Coolant and air con issue - help

SteTB

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else had had similar problems to me...

I have a gurgling sound within the car, sound like an old fridge running within the cabin. It goes away when I turn the cabin conditioning off.

I also have another issue, and I wonder if it could be related - In January I had the coolant warning when I started my car. I opened the bonnet and the expansion tank was almost empty, I filled it up, checked the oil cap in case the oil look contaminated, which it didn't. The level remained stable for 4 or 5 months and then all of a sudden, the warning came on and I needed to top it up, again almost a full expansion tank worth.

I have noticed since coming into summer that the air con is not working at all, I just get hot air most of the time, occasionally it seems cooler. But the air is definitely not cold, which it should be as I had it re-gassed at the start of last year.

Does anybody have any idea's what it could be? Are they related or different snags? 

Thanks in advance

Ste